• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What a Jackass!

Sign Works

It is riders like this that cause the general public to class all sport bikes as "crotch rockets" and their riders as "assholes". As a sportbike enthusist myself I find both terms to be quite offensive. Most sportbike enthiusists I associate with take great care in what we ride, where we ride and how we ride with safety being our first priority always.

iSign

I'm curious if Bly's ass-holiness is gonna set a record & get a second thread deleted in one day ...

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Sometimes the road becomes a racetrack..

True...
And your actions may make a loving mom have to pick up her 7 year old daughters decapitated head from the street...

"As I crawled out of the car, the only thing that was left of Kate was her head," said Ms. Flynn, 36, her voice cracking as her mother-in-law, who sat in the audience, began to sob. "And I took her, just that, and sat on the side of the Meadowbrook and watched at the horrendousness going on around me.
"I sat there for about an hour with her as they cut my entire family out of this crushed tin can,"

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/05/nyregion/05crash.html?vm=r

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives...-07-03_wrong-way_truck_hits_wedding.html?vm=r

RMXGRAPHIX

Sometimes the road becomes a racetrack..
+1
The busa has to be the bike I like the best. You can torch the rear tire going 80 mph and end up in a power wheelie, chirping the front tire looking down at the spedo doing 140 all in the first 3 gears...I miss the warm weather a lot ....jR

Bly

+1
The busa has to be the bike I like the best. You can torch the rear tire going 80 mph and end up in a power wheelie, chirping the front tire looking down at the spedo doing 140 all in the first 3 gears...I miss the warm weather a lot ....jR

Ah a living breathing human!

Colin

It is riders like this that cause the general public to class all sport bikes as "crotch rockets" and their riders as "assholes". As a sportbike enthusist myself I find both terms to be quite offensive.

I suspect that it is a scant few of the general public who hold that sweeping viewpoint. And when I use the term "crotch rocket", I don't mean it in a derogatory way, but rather as a description of the very real acceleration and speed capabilities of today's sport bikes. They truly are crotch rockets whether one rides them within the law or not.

Most sportbike enthiusists I associate with take great care in what we ride, where we ride and how we ride with safety being our first priority always.

That is good, and the general public appreciates that, but notice that you said "most", which likely means that there are numerous individuals who choose to put other's lives (and their own) at unreasonable risk.

Don't get me wrong, I have a very real appreciation for sport bikes too; I love watching the pro racers on TV (on a race track). They are truly talented, but I have to wonder about the rational of laying out huge cake for one of these street legal missles (which are pretty much race-track-ready), and riding them on the street where you can't (or don't, like most of your friends) let 'em rip to their intended potential.

Sign Works

+1

That's not all that can happen on a Busa. :thumb:

Oh and before anyone gets their panties in a bunch, this was on a track.

Attachments

• 39517_1446193876285_1276298049_31092935_2656257_n.jpg
    39517_1446193876285_1276298049_31092935_2656257_n.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 99

Colin

I see no reason to digress into name calling and mud slinging with each other here. I do see an opportunity to raise someone's consciousness on this issue though.

So Bly, given that we as a society create laws, rules & regulations for our own general good and safety, do you feel that people should be permitted, or not permitted to ride in such a fashion as displayed in the OP video?

RMXGRAPHIX

Ah a living breathing human!
yup I have had every Suzuki "crotch rocket" <--- (word a poser uses to describe a Liter / Sport bike) from the old GS 1100 E's, early ,mid & late GSXR's 600/750/1100/1000's, TL's and RF's and only one BUSA. What I like is power, Raw 14,000 RPM power. Am I going to burn thru a school zone at 150 mph NO ... I respect what I ride ...What some are saying is the same as "GUNS KILL PEOPLE" in case you don't know "GUNS DONT KILL PEOPLE --- PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE" ..... and if you think "motorcycles kill people " you are greatly mistaken and oh yea all Harley riders are in a cycle gang ..same as all BMW riders are Gay .....well um never mind. This will explain it more than I care to type.... Jamie
http://www.cycletownusa.com/joy.html

Colin

What some are saying is the same as "GUNS KILL PEOPLE" in case you don't know "GUNS DONT KILL PEOPLE --- PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE" ..... and if you think "motorcycles kill people " you are greatly mistaken.

I don't think anybody is saying that here.

Bly

yup I have had every Suzuki "crotch rocket" <--- (word a poser uses to describe a Liter / Sport bike) from the old GS 1100 E's, early ,mid & late GSXR's 600/750/1100/1000's, TL's and RF's and only one BUSA. What I like is power, Raw 14,000 RPM power. Am I going to burn thru a school zone at 150 mph NO ... I respect what I ride ...What some are saying is the same as "GUNS KILL PEOPLE" in case you don't know "GUNS DONT KILL PEOPLE --- PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE" ..... and if you think "motorcycles kill people " you are greatly mistaken and oh yea all Harley riders are in a cycle gang ..same as all BMW riders are Gay .....well um never mind. This will explain it more than I care to type.... Jamie
http://www.cycletownusa.com/joy.html

Yes mate it's a passion. I've ridden for over 30 years but still live to ride.
My next bike will be a 150hp Ducati Streetfighter.

Same as you I know there's a time and place to cut loose. The OPs video was in Russia right? I don't ride like through my hometown although I can get a little spirited. heh.

Brian