• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What a way to start off the week *RANT*

HulkSmash

1. How does giving some friendly advice come across as me being a jerk?? 2. Who the are you to judge whether or not I know how to run a business? What have you seen that shows I don't know how to run my business? The fact that I am not Lowballing? The fact I have cleared a Healthy Profit this year? The fact that I have expanded into new larger facilities twice this year? or maybe its the fact that I decided against purchasing $30,000+ worth of printing equipment when I could sub contract the work with less hassle and less overhead. (Like many of the shops on here).

Give me a reason besides the fact that I can be an A$$.

:popcorn:

Marlene

a 2 day turn around is fine. anything else is more than expected unless your company name is "faster than a rabbit sign shop" or "overnight sign shop". as far as having stock, I ordered a box of 18" x 24" coroplast blanks to make sure we would never be without them. well, I use a few now and then but those kinds of signs really aren't what we do here so buying 100 blanks was just plain stupid. if you do those types of signs, by all means, buy some and have them in stock. as far as running out of vinyl, most suppliers I have do a 1 day ship so I let them store the stuff and order when I need it. no big deal.

Adtechia LLC people jump on anything you say because no one respects you so why bother to justify yourself? we have had jerks on the site who were smart enough to kick back, add simple info to threads and re-gain some respect. you might want to give it a try or at least, stop making every thread all about you

Locals Find!

I posted and Shut up to begin with. Someone else called me out so why don't you call them out on this.

Don't put this BS on MY DOORSTEP BIG DAWG!!

Pay attention to who was doing the calling out.

TheSellOut

Adtechia...like Gino has already pointed out, in the 348 posts you have submitted in the month and a half that you have been a member here, you have quickly proven to be a big fat liar and I just can't get past that. That is why, even though what you said in post #6 was sugar-coated to sound somewhat nice, when you hand out advice it sounds jerky to me.

I have never said anything about the way you run your business or the way you do business, just that maybe you should think twice about the advice you give out. To quote you "Who the are you to judge whether or not John knows how to run a business?" Telling him to review his business plan because he didn't have a few essentials on hand one time, c'mon. He told these potential customers two days for their signs, that's completely reasonable.

"Not Lowballing"
"Healthy Profit"
"Expanding Twice"

This all sounds good, but can I believe what you say?...

ProWraps

hey heath. i never saw the "h" in your avatar/logo. kinda one of those eye tricks until now. thats pretty cool. now i cant see it any other way. i dig it.

Bigdawg

Just Me
I posted and Shut up to begin with. Someone else called me out so why don't you call them out on this.

Don't put this BS on MY DOORSTEP BIG DAWG!!

Pay attention to who was doing the calling out.

Well Adtechia... I was paying attention. Just happened to agree with Marlene.

If you were smart... you would just ignore the comments (which IMHO you have brought on yourself by your behavior in other threads) instead of expounding on said comments thus creating another "all about you" thread hijacking.

Marlene offered up some good advice on how you might want to conduct yourself. You would be wise to take it.

TheSellOut

Thanks Prowraps! I think it is the way it is tilted that makes it more subtle. When I first was re-designing the logo I had the grey arrows straight up and down which seemed to make the "H" stick out like a sore thumb.

W

wetgravy

Having massive overstock of basics works, but it really depends on the situation .. in the last week i ran almost 42 yards of black and it killed my roll, it takes a week to get a new roll in the shop so i'm still waiting and crossing my fingers to hope that someone doesn't want to do a long job in straight black for the next 2 days.. either that or hope I can talk them into a roll of blue that is so dark it's practically black.

Last edited by a moderator:

copythat

I feel you!

But really I always have at least 10 sheets 0f 4' x 8''s and the very least two rolls of black!

Farmboy

john1...yes, there are folks here that understand. I'm sure at some point we've all been there. Personally...I HATE running outta anything. We're a small 3 person shop and I'm fortunate enough to have thousands of dollars in supplies at the ready, Ink, Vinyl, Coro, Heat Apply, Shirts and Misc. We are a same day shop on some items cause that's how we've modeled ourselves. Taken us years to get here. Don't worry about it. We all learn as we go. In time your business will dictate what you need to keep on hand.