• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What am I doing wrong??

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Couple of things that could help your weeding process.

1. Let the vinyl set overnight, heat it with a heat gun, or set the vinyl in the sun for a few hours. The vinyl and adhesive will shrink and it is easier to weed.

2. Pic all the centers or holes, and mask the vinyl. Flip the decal over with the liner facing up and remove the liner. I usually tape the vinyl and premask down. Now weed the vinyl and reapply the liner.
*I cut in smaller groups so I don't have to set my hand down on the exposed vinyl.
*If you cut too deep, when you reinstall the liner the cut lines could stick to the adhesive. Use a differnt liner if that's the case.

Tim Aucoin

:thumb: I'm gonna try that approach Doug... I'll courier them out a sample and see what they say. Unfortunately, I can't just go see them... they're on the other end of the country! They come from everywhere to do business with me!! :wink:

Follow-up to this...
Doug... I thank you again for your suggestion, and although I agreed with it and thought the samples looked great, my customer called today once he received the samples and thanked me for suggesting this method but... he feels that the cut vinyl approach looks more professional :banghead::banghead:. I explained that the one piece decal would outlast the cut vinyl, and would better preserve the dealership name on the vehicles... again he thanked me for my concern and said to do the cut vinyl this time... BUT... he asked me to send along a dozen samples of the one piece and they would give them a try on a few vehicles. :rolleyes: Maybe, just maybe for the next order, he'll see the light!

Oh well, the good news is I have gotten really, really good at the weeding of these things. First few took me like 3 minutes each... I went to the pharmacy and got some real good pointy tweezers and now after a good lesson in patience and lots of practice, I'm whipping through them at 45 seconds each! I even have a staff member "trained" in the art of weeding already and she's almost as fast as me! :Big Laugh

Anyhow, just wanted to thank you for that suggestion Doug... I think they'll go that way for the next order! :thumb: