• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What are 3 year old Roland 540's going for?

Creative Soul

I have an option to purchase a three year old Roland XC-540 in good shape. Can I get some feedback on what this unit may be worth?

Thanks

Stephen

Creative Soul

Not sure about that.

Humm, yes not sure you can get a XC540 for anywhere close to $20,000 new. Maybe $26,000 if lucky. Would still like some real world thoughts on what a 3 year old may be worth.

Stephen

Bigdawg

Just Me
Guy I work with is trying to sell his. Had it sold at $19500 (very few hours on it.. well kept) and the buyer backed out because he found one for $18K

My friend's sale price included his whole computer with rip software, clipart disks and everything except the graphics programs. He is getting totally out of the business personally. So how much the other stuff was worth (I can't say what clipart disks he had because Mr. D. D. may be around) but take it for what it's worth...

Robert M

Print cut for 20K

Last Mimaki CJV30-130 54" printer/cutter we sold went out the door for 21k, two set of inks (16 each, 440ml inks) and a two year warranty. Check out the specs on the two printers. Roland may seem faster but those high speeds are pretty poor. What I like about the Mimaki is the take up will allow you to pull back off the roll when you do the contour cuts and then roll the media back up, do long runs of stickers and the media never hits the floor. Mimaki also has the on board cleaning cartridge to cut down on cap top failures. So yea, a 54" print cut for 20K , before inks, install, etc.

The Equipment Guy

There do not seem to be a lot of XC540's available new...gotta make you think. In the meantime, not a lot of new ones drives the price up for now, but you have to be careful as ISA is coming and a few newly released units and you will see that pricing drop a lot. It might be best to wait and see what ISA might bring. I have sold a few Pro 2's lately in the $8000-11500 range. Have seen them in more used condition for even less.

Craig

cmaxdesigns

For what it is worth I sold my VP540 last year for $13,000. This was after 2 months of trying to sell for more. I included 2 sets of inks with it. It was 1.5 years old and still under Mfg. warranty. To be honest it is not worth that kind of money today, the technology of 4 color machines and lack of speed should push someone to go a different route.