• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What are people thinking…………. ??

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Recently, we got a deposit in for a nice order and were told the files would be to us this past Tuesday or Wednesday. It’s for many signs and it will take us almost 2 weeks to do the job… about 110 hour. The materials just arrived Wednesday and we still don’t have any files. I called the guy yesterday and his phone is not working. So I called his right-hand guy and he said… Oh, he went on vacation. Yeah, I know, but where are my files ?? You need these ready by the 10th for distribution by the 17th. I need two weeks to do it.

Well, no one has any information on it except for Randy and he’s not here, so I guess you’ll have to play catch up when he gets back.

Yeah, right. I’m gonna have to work plenty of overtime cause he went on vacation without giving us the finished files.

He [Randy] called me just a little bit ago and said, sorry, we don’t have anything ready for you and won’t until about August 3rd. WHA........??

You do realize we can’t get it done in time unless we use a lot of overtime.

Randy says…. I’m sure you’ll figure out a way to get this done for us in time.

The promotion starts August 19th and they want them in the stores by the 17th.

Here’s my remedy:

I’m putting a quote together with our driving the signs around to the majority of the stores on the 14th, 15th & 16th. We’ll finish up enough, so they can do some of the really way out in the boonies stores. This covers a few states, but we’ll be driving like fools for almost three days, but it will beat all the overtime I’d have to pay to get them done on their old schedule.

If I charge overtime, it will come to an additional $10,000 to $11,000….. or if I deliver on regular time….. about $5,500. No way I’m gonna use my money to pay for their mistake and this is how I will work it out for them. He didn’t say anything about my plan not costing them extra to get it finished ON TIME, just get it done on time. So they have a choice.

I’ll hire a temp for three days, pay out about $550 and pocket the rest. It can’t take more than two tanks of gas, so I’m making sure plan ‘B’ looks inviting.

So nice when a rant ends with a smile................:smile:

sfr table hockey

I could lend you my CJ 500 if it would help speed things up.

By the way, you just made me feel better about when my customers leaving things till the last min and then wanting them in a couple days.

Now if I only had a picture to post.......

rjssigns

Sounds like you got one of my clients. Always ready to tell you the files will arrive by lunch.(never tell you which day)LOL. By the time I get the files I've lost 2 or 3 days of lead time. That is why we put in some insane hours. Pays well though.

slappy

screw those people Gino...

if it was me in the mood i've been in, i'd wait till the 16th and give them their deposit back

Gino

Premium Subscriber
screw those people Gino...

if it was me in the mood i've been in, i'd wait till the 16th and give them their deposit back

:ROFLMAO:.... I don't think you would. If you're really interested, I'll PM ya the amount and I think you'll swallow hard and say.... yep, I'll go outta my way for that kinda money. :omg:

These people spend a lot of money with us in a year's time. This generally isn't the case, but on another order for them, we just found a mistake and again,. he's not available until the 6th of next month. This is another time sensitive order.

They always pay well, it's just I don't want to work 60 or so over-time hours or my guys/gals because of their screw-up.

visual800

typical state worker attitude...IT AINT MY PROBLEM. There are waaaay too many people in this world that do not take care of their jobs. This guy right here should be fired. i hope you got it in writing OR in email response to what he said and agreed on the OT charge cause he will deny he knows anything about it.

people will throw others under a bus when it comes to finger pointing

slappy

Gino, honestly i'm fed up with a lot of people..... i have that raceback light sign i talked to you about, what a month ago or more, they want to open labor day and they still haven't gotten the keys to the building! they need all kinds of stuff in that building, lots of signs probably and menus... and here i am plucking away at other jobs and i'll be damn if this one is going to screw me out of being off over labor day weekend and miss my birthday that weekend.
honestly, if the shoe doesn't fit, i'm going to freaking smack them with it.
I wear too many hats at this business and i'm getting exhausted.
sales
secretary
cashier
inventory
loss prevention
installer
news paper ads, phone book ads and marketing
website
webstore
purchasing
and that all has notta thing to do with the sign work i do here and i'm the only one that does that( that's all the accessory side)
and cleaning!
and babysitter. someone needs to talk to these customers while they are waiting to get something installed on their vehicle since one does not have any type of entertainment to keep these people occupied.. which i blame one person. dad
yeah, he sits in his nook, does the installs and i do everything else for $$$ while he's remodeling every dang room in his house building decks and pergolas and i'm suffering mentally! And then he leaves between 1 to 5! we're open 9-5! who's here every day, me!

no wonder i constantly clinch my teeth and now pull my hair and need ibprofin, xanax, flexerol or klinopin! No amount of money would turn me in a different direction. I'd give it back to them the 16th and smile like the freakn grinch! :Big Laugh

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You need to talk to Holyguy in that other thread about employees knowing more than the owner..... you might brush up on some of his tips.......

:birthday: Hey, that's my birthday weekend. Which day ?? Anyone... and then some, know not to even get close to me around that weekend or I'll frickin' kill 'em. That's my weekend and no one is gonna screw it up for me.... NO ONE !! I have a trainer and he told me what I can eat and not eat and how to plan around my day.... I told him I pay him to help me.... not baby-sit me and spoon feed me. Don't even try to tell me what to do for Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday or I'll fire your a$$. I just told him that last night. He called me to chat. I told him I wasn't interested in talking. I didn't like paying to talk to people who don't have anything nice to say about me..... lol.

:toasting: Still, no matter what you felt, you still wouldn't throw this one away. I do a lot for them and take a lot of gruff, but I always get paid and well I might add.​

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
typical state worker attitude...IT AINT MY PROBLEM. There are waaaay too many people in this world that do not take care of their jobs. This guy right here should be fired. i hope you got it in writing OR in email response to what he said and agreed on the OT charge cause he will deny he knows anything about it.

people will throw others under a bus when it comes to finger pointing

Yep....it ain't my job.

Attachments

• not_my_job.jpg
    not_my_job.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 75