• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What are "Presses"?

Scotchbrite

No comment
Noticed a picture of this sign pop up at the top of the forum.

full

What are "presses"?

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Basically, it's like like some dude looked at his George Knight t-shirt press and said..."Hey, I've got a good idea".

Watch to the end....it's more than just squeezing dough.

Last edited:

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
It's the lazy american way of not stretching a pizza.

As james burk posted, it's a press for pizzas, would be same as rolling them with a rolling pin. You'd get the thin crunchy pizza crust.
Stretched pizza dough is more authentic, which would be your typical newyork pizza.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Looks like they ran that layout through a press more than once to cram as much as they could into the vertical height available.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Looks like they ran that layout through a press more than once to cram as much as they could into the vertical height available.
Definitely. The telephone number blends in terribly, and would have been better served on its own panel below the sign.

JB

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
That and the god awful multi outlines.
Also, while not the worst, why go with blue and black for your pizza joint color scheme? If anything shows up on you're pizza that's black or blue, something is askew...
Ok, whatever, black olives, but that cyan blue?
Are you still talking about pizza?

Nevermind. I missed some of the conversation. :doh:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, it looks like a tow truck sign, not pizza pies.

There a colors to use when making signs for food or food places and then there are colors to stay away from, when making signs for food or food places. This designed didn't seem to know either rule.

Scotchbrite

No comment
So basically "presses" is a different way to make pizza. I suppose there are people that seek out this type of pizza.

Ah, the phone number debate. It used to be back in the day we'd tell people to leave the number off their sign because "you don't have your phone with you in the car, you've gotta look it up in the yellow pages when you get home anyway." All outdated thinking these days. :big laugh: I guess because we used to think that way, now I think since we do have phones with us all the time maybe the phone number is handy to have. But then that same phone can be used to look up the number via Google. Usually I leave it to the customer to decide. And sometimes the phone number is handy to use for a space filler if the logo doesn't fit the sign dimensions well.