• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What are some ways to show gratitude to past clients?

rickmdc

I'm new in the industry (started June 2023) and most of my clients have been Realtors since I come from the real estate industry. (I wasn't a Realtor). I know marketing and networking are great ways to grow any business. I'm looking to brainstorm ideas on ways to show gratitude to past clients that might be unique to a print shop. Anyone have anything that they do? I was thinking of dropping off stickers for brokerages to give out to their agents, or bring by donuts every now and then with my info on boxes and so forth? Just looking for any ideas to help get my name out there. I currently don't have a physical space, I work from my garage, but hoping to grow enough to afford a space and then some. Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I really nice bottle of scotch at Christmas.

We also used to hand out magnetic calendars with our information across the top. About 8" x 10". Put them on refrigerators, filing cabinets..... anything metal.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I used to give my regulars 50 calendars printed with their name on the top... mine smaller on the bottom, that they could hand out to clients. It would benefit both.

The best thing I think you can give is do a very good job for them. When the order is received, wait a few days and thank them for the business and let them know you really appreciate it. Doing your job correctly goes a long way.

SignDesignLady

Always Learning
We have different items, tumblers with our logo, notepads with all our info on them. Recently started giving leather coaster sets with our logo to our high paying customers. Custom usb drives, phone chargers, earbuds, etc. I am a promo products distributor as well and I can get some good SWAG to hand out. Thinking of doing wine with custom engraved bottles this year. Lots of stuff to choose from out there these days.

Gettin'By

Notepads with your logo and contact info. Everytime they jot something down to give to someone or stick on something they see your name, and so do all the people that see those notes.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I don't think any of these giveaway things really do anything other than bump up your own ego. We put keychains on everything that comes in here, give away pens, hats, shirts, signs etc. I remember giving out dry erase wall calendars to jobsites and trying to be the first in there with one so they would actually put it on the wall, especially when you hit them up in December. It was never with the expectation that it was going to get us business, it was solely to signal to my competitors FU, I beat you to the job.

CanuckSigns

Does anyone here actually use any of the million pieces of cheap swag we've been given over the years? I think the only thing I've used was a ceramic coffee mug, because I dropped my regular one and I found one a supplier dropped off in a box upstairs.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Let all my free-spending customers know if they have shown up on any national watch lists in the last 90 days.

Vassago

Give them something that shows their name and yours.. Preferably something they can then pass on to others.. Benefits both..

Donuts and a bbq don't hurt either.. Depends on how big your customer base is and location.