• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What are some ways to show gratitude to past clients?

DL Signs

Never go against the family
On the getting end, my favorites are places I order parts from for my toys. They usually throw bags of candy in the box. Skittles, gummy bears, starburst, you name it.

Wanna make a fat customer happy, or make a customer fat and happy, why wait till Christmas, bag of candy with every order over $x.xx, they'll remember you :thumb:

I would do that, but... no... I don't share candy! :mad:

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
I try to let my work speak for itself, and try to be a pleasant person to deal with (which is a struggle for me) My good customers tend to get extras when they order stuff, and I have even done complete jobs for free. (rare) I'm either doing something very wrong or very right because I'm so busy I can't see straight.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
For a few specific customers who you get to know well and you know something specific they like then a more personal gift can be excellent. As an example but coming to me - I had mentioned at some point in conversation with our old Fellers sales rep (Ann Poole - she was totally awesome) that I like a good stout. The Christmas following she brought me a 6 pack sampler of various stouts. For one big trucking company client of ours, I took a great photo of one of their truck/trailers, printed it poster size, mounted to foamboard and gave it to them. Its been hanging in their lobby for several years.
For regulars - we take some Christmas bags around. Then through the year just typical handing out pens everywhere.

ikarasu

I do the opposite. At least once a year I buy the techs that work on our printers pizza, sales reps from the few bigger places we buy free lunch somewhere, etc. The owner used to question it saying they should be the ones buying us stuff....

I can't count how many times they drop by to look at the printers free of charge, giving me advice over the phone, or just no questions asked submitted a warranty and have the parts mailed to the business so that I could install it myself... a $50 pizza saved us thousands. The sales reps will spend hours researching materials for me.... If I need to do a job at a cheaper price no questions asked they will drop it down...

All of the cheap swag that gets sent to me, calendars, cops, pens, keychains, none of them get used... Most just end up in the garbage.

If you really want to send your customers something, Tailor to their needs. If my supplier sent me a nice box cutter with your name on it I would probably use it everyday... Or a nice paper binder holder laser engrave if their name on it, something is actually useful in my day-to-day, those won't end up in the garbage.

You can never go wrong with pizza or gift cards, but of course those don't remind the customer of your business... Take them out for lunch, call them up one day tell him you're in the area and ask if they're free for lunch.. just shoot the s*** with them, don't try to sell them stuff and they will appreciate it.

Most of our sales reps are on very friendly terms with all of their clients, it keeps them loyal, shows them you appreciate their business, and keeps you in their mind when they need something. A lunch with the purchaser goes off a lot further than a calendar on the wall in the break room that the guy that does all the purchasing probably never even sees.

unmateria

jamon-iberico-bellota-econatura.png

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I do the opposite. At least once a year I buy the techs that work on our printers pizza, sales reps from the few bigger places we buy free lunch somewhere, etc. The owner used to question it saying they should be the ones buying us stuff....

I can't count how many times they drop by to look at the printers free of charge, giving me advice over the phone, or just no questions asked submitted a warranty and have the parts mailed to the business so that I could install it myself... a $50 pizza saved us thousands. The sales reps will spend hours researching materials for me.... If I need to do a job at a cheaper price no questions asked they will drop it down...
This pays dividends!