• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what are the main deference between SP300 and VP300

POLY-PROJECT

Hello Friends,

I'm just new in this group from Kuwait, I would like to know few information from you people which will help to select suitable one, here we go… I'm planning to buy one Roland VersaCAMM SP300 which can improve our business... when I learn more about this machine I realized their is another machine with same specification but more powerful then SP300 which name is VersaCAMM VP300, I know here most of our members got enough knowledge about those products…. so kindly let me know the main deference between both, highly appreciate your quick response, thanking you!

Best regards,
Zam

Ken

Hi Zam..
These are just incremental versions of the same machine..the included software is slightly different. I would suggest that you buy a machine that is good to go with the eco-sol MAX inks. Also the firmware should be 6.2 or better.
Welcome from the other side of the world!
Ken

Sign Works

The newer VP series have some upgrades that provide somewhat faster printing capabilities, they also come with a 2 year warranty as opposed to the 1 year warranty on the SP series. The VP series runs about 4K more than the SP series, actually the SP series price dropped about 4K when the VP series was released which in my opinion makes the SP series a very good value (except for what it did to the resale value of mine of course). If I get a 54" model it will be the SP series because it would accomodate the digital printing demand of my one man operation, If I were after increased production / higher print speeds I would consider the Pro III XC model. Check out the specs here
http://www.rolanddga.com/color/products/printcut/

mediaman

The VP series is 50% faster than the SP series. The SP has two heads for four colors and the VP has four heads; one for each color. As mentioned, the VP has a two-year warranty, which carries a cost of $995 (SP-300V) and $1995 (SP-540V) on the earlier VersaCAMM models.

POLY-PROJECT

Vp_300

Hi Friends!

I'm back...highly appricted all your quick response...eventually I decide to buy VP300...you guys can tell where I find out VP300 with competitive price? please help me out....thanks!

Best regards,
Zam

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Welcome from :unclesam:........................

I'm not sure how this works, but wouldn't you do better.... looking for a distributor closer to your neck of the woods ?? Or your oasis ??

The shipping will simply kill you and I don't think your gonna get any tech person to fly over there anytime soon to install a piggyback print/cutter.

:help:​

POLY-PROJECT

Hello friends,

Nice to see all you again, concerning about VP300 I'm planning to buy there where I get cheaper then Middle East, no matter whether it overseas... about shipment to be sure I would approach sea freight which is more cheaper then air also I'm not bother about support I think I can find someone here itself, you guys anyone know where that product more cheaper?

Best regards,
Zam

amw

Longtime Members
I had talk with CHINA dealer of Roland... they are asking 15,500 USD for VP300... is this reasonable?

rgrds,
Zam

I was quoted about $1000.00 less and that inclueded shipping, 2 sets of ink (220's, I'm sure you know..but it dosent come with any in the box.),
and some vinyl and a roll of 13oz. banner.

+ setup and teaching me how to use and maintain it.

taking the above into account, i would think it would be even less for you since you at least wouldnt be getting the setup and your shipping would be a much difrent amount...

I went with the SP not the VP and saved over $3k and dont realy need the added speed of the VP.