• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What are these marks?

daenterpri

When I do a large print, often times my printer will include these marks here and there throughout the print. Ticks me off. Almost makes my current print worthless unless I can figure out a way to hide it.

But if I do another print, it will happen again. Any advice on how to fix this problem? What is it? Thanks!

Attachments

• lovemarks.jpg
    lovemarks.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 111

ucmj22

Could it be marks from your pinch rollers? If the heat setting in the profile isn't right it could cause tracks from the pinch rollers.

klemgraphics

daenterpri said:
I'm not sure. They are always this size and in random places. It almost looks like 4 rows of nozzles.

I have this exact problem also, some days it is worse than others. I've been told to check the head cables but I have yet to figure it out. Rather annoying to say the least.

daenterpri

I've recently replaced the heads on this printer, so I know the head cables are tight... And it did this even before then. :(

I can haz a new HP L25500?

ProWraps

shoot me a PM. i might have a deal for you. upgrade you to a new VJ for cheap. i feel your pain and im a sucker for a guy in need of equipment that works.

randya

Back one of these up to the rollers and take a pic for location and scale.

Hard to tell from the pic if it is a roller issue or print issue.
Scale will hopefully help.

OPTIMA GRAPHICS

We used to run three Mutoh Falcon Outdoor 46" printers here and I had those marks show up from all three of them at different times for different reasons.

One was fixed by grounding a screw to an outlet, and the others were either Head cable replacements or a dirty/damaged encoder strip.

I hope that helps :)

chorca

They aren't actually from the rollers, as they just occurred on a print I did. They are definitely in the pattern of the nozzles, and seems to be jetting out randomly over the pattern while printing. I'm going to try and clean the encoder strip and see what that does, but just replaced the heads, so I don't think that head cables are the issue.

I'll post with what I find out, but so far this has been the first time it's happened.

chorca

So i was having the same issue, shown here, in my prints:

nozzlemisfire.jpg

I used alcohol and a lint-free cloth to wipe down the encoder strip, and i had a bunch of dirt come off of it.

Successive prints were perfect, so this seems to be a good method to resolve this issue. i will add this to my wiki.

klemgraphics

I will have to try cleaning my encoder, I'm having the same issue with me 62" falcon. Were yours random or did they occur roughly the distance from the edge of the media? Mine seem to be about the same distance from the edge spread out randomly the length of the print.

chorca

Mine happened in the same place in all prints. They were randomly place, but the group was in the same area on the encoder strip. I cleaned the strip around that area, and they were reduced drastically, but one or two still happened, so I cleaned a second time, and it fixed it completely.

tbaker

these DO look like roller marks, I'd recommend cleaning your rollers with alcohol, or chorca's print they look like an encoder issue tho. Clean the encoder strip AND the reader with alcohol, if the problem persists look for ink droplets on the encoder, if there isn't one, then it's probably time to replace your encoder as it's probably scratched. Take an LED flashlight and look for scratches or whatnot on it.

chorca

i would just start with the easiest thing first, then work your way up.

No sense tearing apart your head if a simple cleaning of the encoder strip will solve the issue. If that doesn't fix it, then unplug the machine and check your head cables, make sure they're seated and such. Still doesn't fix it, move on to the next more difficult test.