• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What are these spots?

jeff412

I've got a Roland SP-540V and I am getting these strange spots. Not the black dot, that's just from us marking it as bad. Any idea what they may be?

Jeff

Attachments

• spots.JPG
    spots.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 98

Bigcat_hunter

I get those once and a while on my Mutoh's. I was told by a tech that it is a humidity issue. They are supposed to run at a certain humidity and you need to purchase a humidifier and a de-humidifier to keep the spots from appearing. I don't get them enough to worry about it though.

401Graphics

id say its the media. i have run my printer in all kinds of humidity ranges, and see no difference. But i have had bad media do this.

jeff412

Ok. Thanks. I'm out of 3651RA and was using 651 while waiting on my order to come it. That's probably the problem

Jeff

mudmedia

Bad media...Contamination of some sort from the factory. Contact your supplier they should resolve the issue by doing a RMA on it and send you out a new roll.

Here is the photo of my media when it did that on IJ35.

Attachments

• 2012-08-16_14-26-41_534.jpg
    2012-08-16_14-26-41_534.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 65
  • 2012-08-16_15-11-02_826.jpg
    2012-08-16_15-11-02_826.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 75

Gino

Premium Subscriber
They have digital media and non-digital media for a reason. The digital version has much more care taken when being handled and far less contaminants in/on it. Although you still find problems with digital media, you'll find a great deal more on average die-cut vinyl where inks and paints aren't supposed to come in contact.

jeff412

Thanks guys. I've got some digital media on order. I just needed a quick print for someone.and didn't have any.

Jeff

Jackpine

Thanks guys. I've got some digital media on order. I just needed a quick print for someone.and didn't have any.

Jeff
If you have to use 651 in a pinch or some other similar....Wipe it down with denatured alcohol to clean. I
I've printed on non-digital such as etch or diamond plate for special projects.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, sorry...... I'm not saying you can't use non-digital medias, just that is not the intention. So, make sure you clean them super well and the denatured is a good one to use.