Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Are They Thinking????

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Air Art Girl, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Air Art Girl

Air Art Girl Very Active Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Customer has had me make way too many changes to a banner already, so I get an email that says
    "coach would like to know if we order it, have it ready for use and then pay through a PO in September."

HELL NO!!!!!!!
    I was a little more diplomatic then that in my response but said the same thing basicially.

geeeessshhh!

Tags:
  2. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    "while we're negotiating, my accountant would like to know if you could pay twice, and i could refund one payment in 6 months?"

"oh, and by the way, if this works for your coach, my accountant would agree to your coach's request on one of those two payments!"

3. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Major Contributor

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    Man, people are so idiotic. It's like we all give out instant credit, ESPECIALLY to the people that waste the most of our time. That sounds like a GREAT trade off.

4. Jillbeans

Jillbeans Major Contributor

Dec 24, 2003
    Butler, PA
    I get this every year with the one school district.
    They want to pick my brain all spring without ordering, and want to order without a deposit the day before school starts.
    I think PO stands for Put Off. Put off ordering, put off paying, until some head honcho coughs up the dough.
    Love....Jill

5. Mainframe

Mainframe Very Active Member

I did some decals for the school in town on 1-11-11, still not paid, it was for a play & they needed them REALLY BAD overnight! not cool!

6. mark in tx

mark in tx Very Active Member

Oct 25, 2005
    Harker Heights, Texas
    I really want to make a small sign for the counter that says "P.O. Number does not mean Put Off Paying"!

That really made my day. Thanks!

7. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    You should try it. You'd be amazed at how many companies will tell you no if you ask them to bill you for something but will cheerfully say YES is you ask them if they'll take a PO.