• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What are you doing with unclaimed orders?

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
So what is everyone doing with completed or in process orders that companies are holding on now?

We have $2500 in special order material for a job and am getting the run around. They have been a customer for 10 years and always pay their bills but I don't want to be stuck with this stuff. It was ordered before this all blew up.

rossmosh

People are going to get beat on orders. It's just the truth. It's way dangerous working on any projects right now other than stuff that needs to be installed immediately and has been ordered within the last 5-10 days.

In your situation, I'd contact the vendor and find out if you can return the merchandise and what kind of fees you're going to be hit with. Then I'd contact your customer and ask for a status update. Tell them they can continue with the project or they can cancel it and they'll be hit with a fee of X. Tell them to let you know ASAP where you stand. Let them know if they don't respond within X days, you'll simply return the raw goods and send them an invoice for that price.

It's better to return the merchandise and get hit with a $500 restock fee than have $2500 worth of merchandise sitting around collecting dust.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I know it's too late, but we typically require enough of a deposit to cover the cost of materials on a job such as that, so as not to tie up working cashflow.

JB

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
PPP

Polite Patience and Persistence

That's all you can do right now. If you can send them back without much hassle, do that, but stay on them politely. Sounds like they have been a good customer for a long time. Don't burn the bridge. This will come around.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I got a big customer too giving me the run around. Always been good in the past up until all this crap. I've decided not to push them right now because once we make it out of this I didnt want to feel like an ass. I'm taking the be patient role, they know what's due and understandably I'm sure the priority is for them to focus on paying employees and keeping the business afloat. Unfortunately us vendors come last so I'm not taking it personally. This is blow over.

Last edited:

The Doo

The Sign Lady
So...I have a reverse situation with my wholesale vendor. Paid $9400 for FCO letters in February. Was told last Tuesday all was on track for installation this past Monday. Last Friday they made the decision to self quarantine. I can do the install just can't get my product!!

Thoughts? What would you do?

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Id tell them to refund the money until they are ready to ship. I wont pay for anything upfront though, if they wont invoice at delivery than we find another vendor.

Signature Graphix

Wide Format Printing - Signage - Vehicle Wraps
So what is everyone doing with completed or in process orders that companies are holding on now?

We have $2500 in special order material for a job and am getting the run around. They have been a customer for 10 years and always pay their bills but I don't want to be stuck with this stuff. It was ordered before this all blew up.
Are they a contract customer? If not, you didn't get a deposit on an order that large? We ask for 50% down on anything over $250.

decalman

A lot of people gonna get screwed financially . I get burned all the time.
( I'm used to it) I'm just glad as hell, that I got food on the table, and I don't have corona virus. Reason to rejoice.

If your healthy, your wealthy.

E Coloney

A good customer who always pays on time is fine until they don't pay. When you're dealing with custom goods, get paid up front. The same customer has to pay at Walmart before leaving the building, why shouldn't they pay YOU, too? Put up a sign, PAYMENT REQUIRED TO BEGIN SERVICE. If anyone questions it, politely explain that you can't restock and sell their project elsewhere and (refer to Walmart above).