• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What are your best machine bargains?

Flash Harry

Thought I would start this thread to share the best bargains I have on kit in my time and also as im interested in the bargains that everyone else has had? All helps the profit margin after all!

Gerber Fastrack 650 plotter off ebay for: £50 ($80 currently)
(It worked fine for 18 months then started cutting out, as from recent post, I managed to fix it)

Gerber Edge 1 for parts and got it going again by pulling the keypad apart: £330 ($530 currently)

Heat press with mug, cap, plate attachments, HP sublimation ink printer (plus one spare for parts), ink, transfer paper, flex vinyl ect: £200 ($320 currently)
(still yet to fix the timer on the heat press but now have the part to do it)

Smug feeling from keeping kit going that they try and tell you is obsolete: PRICELESS

:signs101:

Interested to here similar stories if our there?

The Equipment Guy

Those are great deals. I have a Gerber Edge in "for parts" condition in the Toronto area, it actually works 3/4 of the time and then dies the other 1/4.

Coincidentally, I started a "for parts" section on my website just last week.

I was given a magneto for a Harley once for free because the guy said it was missing parts. A few months later I was going trough a box of junk I bought from the same guy a couple of years prior and there were the parts. I actually offered it all back to the guy and he said no, that I got a cool deal. I assembled it and got $800 on Ebay for it.

Craig

SOA

we picker our our GBC excelam 1400mm laminator for £900 it only 3 years old, mint condition. I was pretty happy with that!

Pat Whatley

Picked up my compressor at a state auction for $10. It was an $800 compressor labeled "NOT WORKING, LOCK UP MOTOR, SALVAGE ONLY". I bought it because I'd planned on just using the tank to hold compressed air for mobile airbrushing. Took it home, plugged it in to check, it's been working like a new one ever since. I figure somebody put the label on the wrong compressor.

And not that it was an "equipment" deal I bought an entire pallet of baby wipes (60 cases) from a state auction for $45. Retail they would have run about $600. I've got twin poop machines at home in in 18 months we've barely made it through half of them.

J Hill Designs

picked up a 64" solvent printer (OCE CS6060) for $600 at an auction - dried ink in lines, but a little sweat and elbow grease (and solvent of course) got it up and running :thumb:

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Gerber GS 15 for less than $700 on ebay. Less than 10 minutes after the auction ended, a friend gifted me with the money and then said "put it to work". That cash cow has been paying out for the past three years...and it's twenty years old.

JB

3dsignco

Roland Picza 3d Scanner for $300 on ebay. $3000 new

Gast Dual Stage Vacuum pump for $25 on ebay. $1800-$3500 new.