• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What are your New Year's resolutions for business?

Letterbox Mike

So, 'tis the season for the New Year's resolutions, I'm just curious what everybody's got in mind for this year? What will you be doing differently? What will you not do at all? What changes are in store?

I know a lot of people had bad years last year, a lucky few actually saw positive growth too. January for us is the time to get our bearings from last year and regroup and plan the future. I assume a lot of folks here do the same thing. Hopefully seeing other people's successes, failures, and plans for the future may help me (or someone else) in my own strategies...

Pat Whatley

To focus on upselling every job I get. I get busy and either forget to do it or just rush things and don't even try. I let too many jobs get done with the lowest priced option without even trying to upsell them.

It's a lot easier to make more off the jobs that you're already getting than it is to land more jobs.

visual800

I was gonna say baiscally the same thing. Im going to start 3 tier pricing more jobs, how many times has someone called for Brass metal letters and ended up getting styrofoam LOL

i also will concentrate more on MONEY UP FRONT. I let my guard down on several small clients this year and they took advantage of that. We always got 50 on large jobs.

Jillbeans

*Raise prices on certain things
*Do not leave the premises without a check after an install
(unless prior arrangements have been made)
*Clean and organize my shop
(that can wait till it's not as cold tho)
*Get a new accountant
*not worry about the local hacks
*do more logo design
Even though this is my 26th year in the biz it's not time to sit back and get lazy.
Love.....Jill

FatCat

I just finished running my numbers from last year and Quickbooks is telling me I grossed 17.5% more than in 2009. So, I guess I'm one of the fortunate few who saw some positive growth. However, I attribute much of that to joining a networking group and also working hard to make sure the right people know who I am and what I do. I personally think you can never do enough marketing or networking. The days of knowing work is just going to walk in the doors are over. You have to get out there and spread your name around and ask for work.

Gene@mpls

Ditto website- and get paid for everything (as much as is possible)
that we do. We have plenty of biz- we need to make more money
on it. I am on Medicare in two months- I may have to retire someday.:doh:
Gotta hurry, man.