• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What best describes your location?

where do you work out of?

• Big Box Mall

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Small Strip Mall

Votes: 21 13.2%
  • Off Main Street, but decent traffic count

Votes: 36 22.6%
  • Industrial Park Setting

Votes: 43 27.0%
  • Home

Votes: 51 32.1%
  • Other

Votes: 8 5.0%

• Total voters

GK

New location we are moving next week into is in a pretty large complex but easy to find and easily accessible from all the major roadways including the parkway and turnpike. Slightly bigger than our old place its about 12,000 sqf. No retail front since we don't really deal with walk-ins. 1,500 sqf. of office space, conference room, lunch area, reception area . Then the production area is an enclosed print room, climate controlled storage, and work tables/laminators/plotters. Then the bay area fits 2 53's or a bunch of smaller vehicles which is nice because we get some wacky weather up here. I must admit, I am pretty excited about the new location, just wasn't thrilled about running all the network and coaxial cables all over again =P

Pat Whatley

2500 sq. ft. building on the main road heading into the downtown business district. It's an old convenience store building and as soon as we put a roll up door in the side it will be the perfect location for us.

Air Art Girl

Retail location approx 1700 sq ft on main road in town with the athletic fields right out the back door. Get lots of uniform work and other team apparel decoration.
Sign shop 4 blocks away at home, Rep has the 2 story garage, regular 9ft doors but our driveway is big enough for 12 cars or large vehicles/trailers.

cartoad

1500 sq feet in a strip mall on major street in this area. No roll up door so all vehicles are done outside. Three production tables, desks, benches, saws, material storage, display area. Laminators down the middle between production tables. Not more than a path around most of it. We are activly looking for a new location, with more room and a roll up door, but not having much luck.

R08

Another home boy here.
The largest shop I had was about 2000 sq ft.
Downsized and loving every minute of it.
Smaller shop...less headaches... larger profit

iSign

The original bay I leased in this building 11 years ago, was 750 sq. ft concrete floor space, with corrugated aluminum exterior and interior walls, and 24' ceilings. Now it's VCT tils, and painted sheetrock, with recessed lighting on the first floor, andthe second floor. The 3rd floor is un-improved storage spave & extra room for working on larger signs.

Last December I leased a second unit in the same building, & in February I made an offer to my next-door neighbor to swap units, with a significant payment for the building improvements they had done, and would be leaving behind. I got the space, which now has a full 750 sq. ft. second floor, and I'm working on a 200 sq. ft. 3rd floor mezzanine.

If I could afford a commercial condo, that would probably be a better investment, but I looked real hard at the numbers last fall.... and it's too soon for me to be able to afford that, so I went ahead with renewing both leases for 4 years & proceeded with my expansion instead.

Gordy Saunders

I have a 650 sq. ft. first floor. 170 sq. ft. Office on the first floor with the remainder being warehouse space. Then I have another 500 or so sq. ft. on the second floor.
I can get a cargo van inside but have to do box trucks outside. I have my weeding and cutting table on the second floor, as the table is 18 ft. long. I like to keep the first floor clear for vehicles that will fit and painting out boards, etc.

2M

I have to say that I really appreciate this community. You have all be very generous about sharing information, and I am most grateful!
:U Rock:

M

SignManiac

Home based with 7,000 s.f. shop out back. No retail traffic...referral and web based only and five full time employees.

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
I have a 10,000 sq. ft building. It is too big for what I am doing. The commute to work is about 10 miles each way.

The Big Squeegee sales are dropping off. So, I'm looking for something else to fill up the space and pay the bills.

Alphonse43

Home office here in Australia, dedicate to the business only, anything large is done in the garage.
I cut a lot of paint masks for a Custom paint shop, so when I need a larger work space, I do it there.
Alphonse43

Craig Sjoquist

work out of home ... but in real 90% is at job site, cell phone is only contact

if computerised with plotters and stuff, I would be looking for a good visable location for sure,
...cause thats who I see getting the work, even with no sign or graphic experance just money to start a business

ratfink rules

high impact

I don't fit any of the descriptions in the poll...

We are in a workshop suite in a commercial complex right on the main highway.

I rent from myself a 1344 square feet office and workshop with a huge 14' over head door...it's a little tight but all the larger 1700 square feet units are rented.

gators2001

We bought last october a 4800 sq. ft. shop with4 offices a confrence room. we move a half a mioe from our old location that we were renting. it was 6000 sq. ft.

vinylbarry

Rent commercial storefront on main street the traffic is great we use to be out of our home but retail store front was the best move we ever made business has tripled in our 3rd year of a retail store front. I would rather be somewhere with an overhead door also. We wouldn't have to do all our vehicles outdoors in a very busy parking lot:banghead: becuase we are beside a bakery that has been in business over 25 years and untill around 10:30 it is like a mad house but thats great becuase it gets traffic around our shop and we make sales from it so take the good with the bad.
Sometimes it makes for some good action has had some fender benders trying to get them donuts:popcorn:

ChiknNutz

Currently in a 32' x 40' shop with 13 foot ceiling on our property. May have to go to a retail/industrial location by end of October as the neighbor complained back in June and got the county on us. Have since smoothed things over with the neighbor, but once the county is on you...gotta comply. We are on an R-5 (rural 5 acre) and code says your a bldg. used for business must be 85 feet from property line....and we're about 30 feet. So, now have to see if we can get a variance. However, getting an industrial location may be best bet after all as we can then have more employees when the time comes (currently allowed only 1 or 3 depending on how you interpret the code).