• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What black do you use?

tintwizz

I have a Roland VP540 using oem inks and versa works what formulation of black does everyone else use for best results.

I have tried c m y k
4 30 30 100
60 40 40 100

bk21a
bk22a

But the best that I have used is Registration Black has anyone else used this.

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
I have a Roland VP540 using oem inks and versa works what formulation of black does everyone else use for best results.

I have tried c m y k
4 30 30 100
60 40 40 100

bk21a
bk22a

But the best that I have used is Registration Black has anyone else used this.

Isn't Registration Black 100/100/100/100 ?

Salmoneye

Probably right Pat, I should spend 10 minutes and figure out the magic number for my setup. I do tone it down for big solids but don't have a magic number yet.

Salmoneye

That was a great link. The value I posted then was actually correct for the type of files that I use. Thanks. I understand not nearly enough about color.

Patentagosse

20 20 20 100 worked fine for me before I start using Roland colors. BK21A looks better than 22 actually (here, at least). 'Ran a test earlier today with PMS 293 (vibrant blue) - PMS 485 (punchy red) and black, 'got customer's approuval for 21 over 22 because it printed flawless while 22 looked "dusty". Go figure why... 'supposed to be "loaded" of ink but result was thumb down so... When I sent big files (53ft trailer) at local grand format printer in Montreal, they asked for 40 40 40 100 black.

rjssigns

30/30/30/100 we call it Superhero Black when using Versa. Of course your results may vary.
Material, profile, RIP etc.....all plays a part.