• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What blade are you using? Printed & laminated vinyl

Sign Works

I'm curious as to what blade people are using for cutting printed & laminated vinyl. I originally used the standard Roland 45 degree blade that came with the SP-300V, no problems even cutting fine detail or even up to 10 mil MX decals. After a couple years I threw in an extra blade holder and blade that came with a Roland PC-600 from years past, this blade seemed to work even better and didn't know why until now. This blade is different from the standard blade, it is a Zecu style blade which Roland sells as their high performance blade. I recently ordered blades from Clean Cut Blades and was unaware of the Zecu style blade, are any of you using the Zecu style blades from Clean Cut in their Rolands? What I'm really curious about is that Roland states that the 45 degree blades both standard and Zecu are for 2-3 mil vinyl only, cast vinyl and lam is minumin 4 mil with calendered being much thicker so are most of you using a 60 degree blade for laminated films? Also any opinions on the standard style vs the Zecu style blades?