• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What brand of printer did you purchase in 2014?

What brand of outdoor sign printer did you purchase in 2014?

• EPSON

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • HP

Votes: 25 28.1%
  • MIMAKI

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • MUTOH

Votes: 13 14.6%
  • ROLAND

Votes: 23 25.8%
  • OTHER

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • None

Votes: 13 14.6%

• Total voters

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I was reading a sign magazine and they said that HP has the most market share in the large format printing market. Roland was the only brand mentioned specifically from the 3 major solvent printer manufacturers and I am assuming Mimaki and Mutoh were in the "other" category as they were not mentioned anywhere. The statistics seem to have included all large format printing and not just sign equipment as Cannon was one of the bigger market shares. I was just curious as to what brand of sign printing machines Signs101 members bought last year.

Robert M

Printer poll

I'm a little surprised, at the ISA show I heard that HP claimed to have a 51% share of the Wide format outdoor printer market.

jfiscus

Rap Master
by Edges do you mean Gerber Edge, Gerber Edge II?
I bought 3 of the "Edge 1" (tan with rear hinge) and the accompanying HS/GS plotters.
Bought a used Mimaki also, but no new equipment in 2015 yet.

Oh wait, this thread was about last year? Only a Summa plotter and a couple old Gerber Solaras. (bad decision on the Solaras, lol)