• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What brands do you use for banner stands

tomence

I am looking for some good quality retractable banner stands so what do you guys and gals use. I used some cheaper stands before and they are not working well for me so want to get some good quality stands that will last at least a year. Also which once are easier to change graphics.

Bigdawg

Just Me
We went through the whole cheapy thing too. I like the Orbus Barracuda the best... it's the only retractable that I sell

tomence

How about the Orient and also what is the difference if you know between the Orient and Barracuda. I like to get some stuff from Orbus because they are located 5 miles away from me so no shipping is needed i can always pick them up my self.

OCsteve

Banner stands

We have been using the Orient for the last three years and have changed graphics out multiple times for clients.

tomence

We have been using the Orient for the last three years and have changed graphics out multiple times for clients.

That's what i wanted to know if they are good or not.

Also is any of this two using a cartridge for the graphic.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Orient line is what I use for my telescopic banner stands... not the same as the retractable. With the barracuda you have an adjustable up and down height so you can make it shorter or longer. On the Orient you have a fixed height that can't be adjusted. Barracuda used to have the replaceable cartridge but the design changed and I'm not sure it does anymore...

tomence

Orient line is what I use for my telescopic banner stands... not the same as the retractable. With the barracuda you have an adjustable up and down height so you can make it shorter or longer. On the Orient you have a fixed height that can't be adjusted. Barracuda used to have the replaceable cartridge but the design changed and I'm not sure it does anymore...

Good to know that.

I guess i will use either one depends on what is needed. Its nice that you can adjust the pole on the barracuda.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Good to know that.

I guess i will use either one depends on what is needed. Its nice that you can adjust the pole on the barracuda.

I design the barracudas so they can be used as tabletops too... sectioned, but not obviously so...

Letterbox Mike

Really anything from Orbus (short of the DFA line, which they'll even admit are not very nice) is going to be high quality. We've never had a problem with anything they sell. The Barracuda and Orient are both great. We sell a lot of the Contender stands if someone wants a lower priced model, it's less expensive but it's still excellent and very high quality.

tomence

Really anything from Orbus (short of the DFA line, which they'll even admit are not very nice) is going to be high quality. We've never had a problem with anything they sell. The Barracuda and Orient are both great. We sell a lot of the Contender stands if someone wants a lower priced model, it's less expensive but it's still excellent and very high quality.

Cool!

Thanks!

gabagoo

I have used hundreds of the Orient but I like the Barracuda better and it is a little costlier. The newer Orients now come with a velcro strip instead of the double sided tape which is a great idea.

I have 3 Orients back here now from one client (big bank) who ripped all three right out of the holders among other things. I have noticed the little grey caps on the top sides fall off easily and then can get lose as well and that is causing some issues as one came back with a pile of clear packing tape all over it...uggg.

For those that use the Orient I would love a private message sent to me as to the cost, as I feel I am paying to much for the units up here but cant seem to find any other suppliers. Might be worth shipping them up from the US if the price is right.