• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What can I get for brushed aluminum substrate with a foam or whatever backer?

signmeup

I need some 14" Gemini letters (about 64 pc.) in brushed aluminum with the foam backer for interior use. The problem is I need them up in 2 weeks and Gemini says at least 4 weeks lead time. I can cut them out myself if I have to or find someone else who can route them for me...

Anyone here make them? Or know of a product I can make them from. I can use brushed aluminum Dibond but the customer is expecting a bit thicker letter like 3/8" or so. These will be mounted up high enough that no one can touch them if that helps.

Adrian

SignosaurusRex

You might check your area for a supplier of CHEMETAL. They have a wide variety of brushed aluminum sheets approx. .030 I believe. The most commonly stocked for brushed aluminum I think is '#902 Brushed Aluminum' 4'x8' sheets. Very nice stuff to work with. You can lam it to substrate of choice using contact cement of choice. We use it quite often for interior as well as exterior applications without any issues.
chemetal.com will get you to sample images, numbers and suppliers.

2B

try checking out foamboard (or like varies), I know they have several types that have the alum skin.

signmeup

Thanks Guys. So making your own seems like the only game in town.

It looks like Gemini is the only game in town for letters. I can't find anyone else... just Gemini re-sellers.

signmeup

Thanks Rex. I did find that but they only want to sell it in lots of 6 sheets. Maybe someone on here keeps this stuff and could route some for me?

J Hill Designs

scott sign systems does interior display letters...might check their lead time (although recently they've been alot slower than gemini, so...)