• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What can we do if roland had not worked for a long time

muhanad

Do printheads may certainly become corrupt?

Is there something more affected ?

Can you handle printheads ?

What period that may affect these things whether or five months or less Is there a problem?

ams

Printheads will be destroyed if they aren't cleaned or used for a length of time. The ink dries up inside them and in the lines. I would say a couple weeks and they may be totally ruined. Heck I went 3 days due to a power failure and it was a huge pain to fix them, had to do two major cleanings and print a half dozen times to relive them.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Do printheads may certainly become corrupt?

Is there something more affected ?

Can you handle printheads ?

What period that may affect these things whether or five months or less Is there a problem?

You should use it as a trade in and buy a new latex printer, with latex you can let your machine sit and the inks will never harden like they do in solvent.

rjssigns

Before it was stored was it flushed with cleaning solution? Depending on the model it may not be worth fixing, unless new printers are extremely expensive in the Netherlands. At bare minimum you'll need print heads, cap tops, and dampers. Probably require new ink lines. If you can't do the work yourself than add the cost of a technician.

Like BigFish mentioned you can always trade it in. If you trade it in find a reputable dealer with great technicians closest to your shop and buy whatever printer they're selling.

All new printers are quite good now. Of course my Roland is 10 years old and still making money.