• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What Caused This???

cr.designs

Can laminate bubble up and pull off a vinyl print? This was printed on an epson 6000, laminated and mounted to coroplast. Then the sign was shipped and the client is saying this is how it showed up. Any ideas?

Attachments

• photo 3 (1).JPG
    photo 3 (1).JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 122

cr.designs

I had the heater on and let it dry for about 2 hours. Would that cause the laminate to bubble up that bad? I've never seen this

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Honestly......... it looks like someone was being funny and pulled up on an edge and failed to put it back down successfully.

thewood

Could this be the effect of the oft-debated outgassing? Perhaps a cast/calendar mismatch? Just throwing some ideas out there.

Jillbeans

Could the print have been contaminated with something?
Was this shipped through an extremely hot or cold area?
I was thinking mismatch too as soon as I saw it even though I don't know anything about printing or laminating.
Love....Jill

Stuckup

If it is solvent, the glue is affected till it de-gasses. Two hours is no way near enough time. especially WRAPPED UP and sweating in its own stench, wrapping it up basically traps the solvent and it wants to get out. Has to go some where.

TammieH

Like Gino said, it looks as if the customer thought it might have been temporary protection, so the tried to remove it.

Stuckup

Like Gino said, it looks as if the customer thought it might have been temporary protection, so the tried to remove it.

That too, cant help dumb customers, but really Id be worried about 2 hrs drying and then packaging more. Your best friend is your Manufacturer, they can investigate it, its their job. Even test it. Most times you can peel the Laminate off carefully and re laminate by hand without damaging the print.