• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What causes this in my spot color backgrounds?

okeesignguy

attachment.php

It only really seems to it with black...Thank you for any help given!

Attachments

• 20160808_114521.jpg
    20160808_114521.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
I can't speak specifically on the Roland, but- even if the inks all come from the same head, they aren't coming from the same nozzle. A black nozzle could be misfiring/clogged/whatever while the Cyan right next to it is fine. Check the troubleshooting section of the manual and follow its suggestions.

niksagkram

What printer do you have? Does it happen on all substrates, and different profiles? Maybe post a pic of your nozzle check, and maybe a pic of your perfect blue next to the black? Also, check your heat settings and head height.

Mark

I can't speak on roland exactly either as I have never used one of their machines. From the print though I gave you what I thought your having issues with. You could call a tech to service it if you don't know how to take it further. As someone else said. Most printers have printheads that print two colors. The tip of the printhead has multiple spray nozzles and sides. No one nozzle sprays multiple colors. So if your having an issue with one and not the other you can probably say it's just the black line or nozzles. Not necessarily the whole printhead. Also black is the most used of the inks usually so it would make since, that once you start to have print issues it first starts to show in the black.

niksagkram

Just another observation. The black background is not necessarily a "spot" colour. Depending on your set up and profiles, it could be a CMYK background. Take a close look at it with a magnifying glass. You'll see all the little dots of CMYK ink if it is.

Mark

T_K

Do a calibration test in addition to the cleaning test.

I've used 2 Versacamms - currently on a vs-540i. When we get banding like that is usually clogged nozzles. But when the cleaning test print comes out fine, it's usually the calibration. This controls how much the media moves forward between passes. When you've got a heavy roll of material, you need stronger pull. But as you print down the roll, you sometimes need to adjust the calibration to keep the banding from occuring.