• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What Color Palette doe you use

customquint

Just curious what Color Palette most of you use as your default color palette in Corel Draw.

I have been using Pantone Matching Sytem - Corel 8

I found that the default pallete that loads with Corel on install really stinks! I think it is Corel's CMKY palette.

Ken

Sorry...I use a custom pallette for the versacamm.. if you need help with red let me know....
Ken

Service Sign Co

Pantone colors is a good way to go, it gives you a record of colors, Matching them is a different story. I use spectratone colors by combining Edge foils to get them pretty close. I hear it's next to impossible to get there with inkjet printing. Creating profiles is an acquired skill that takes some time to achieve

Service Sign Co

How are you Ken? we have never met, but I think we are the only few online tonight, every one else must be:Sleeping::Sleeping::Sleeping::Sleeping::Sleeping:

Farmboy

Custom,
if you have a Versacamm there is a CMYK palette you can load into Corel. You can also print a CMYK chart right from Versaworks onto what ever material you'll be printing on. Sorry, I don't remeber where in Versaworks it is or how to load it. I had someone at roland walk me though it.

I use the default CMYK in corel X3, but not happy with it. My greys look like mud? Would love to hear from Ken on what you did for the reds?? if it corrected that, maybe we could fix some of the others??

Fine Line Darrel :Canada 2:

vid

I've customized my own over the years to match vinyls etc...

:thumb:

Typical of our workflow, we've got 3 palettes open in coreldraw. A translucent, a cast and a calendared palette that we've developed to match the vinyls we use.

This has worked well for us in offering more accurate proofs to the customer. Then too, as the jobs are archived, there is less confusion on reorders of what vinyl product was used because the names of the vinyl color are stored in the file's color palette (side note: color names are also written on the proof page for duplicity.)

Another benefit of the vinyl matched palette is that we often mix prints with solid color vinyl. As such, we can reasonably match the colors of the prints to vinyl on the same signs with out it looking off color.

For strictly print designing, I typically use the Coated Pantone palette --- That's more habit for me, than any other explanation. Over the years, I've designed for different applications and the usual question I've gotten from outsource vendors is, "do ya have PMS colors ta match?" Answering that question with "yes" has been the quick and easy route for me... and usually doesn't involve any further explanations or rants from the vendor.

I also prefer working with these spot colors because I can change them fairly quick as I'm working --- if something doesn't look right, or the customer asks for it, I select the spot color and change it across the board.

I've got both the Pantone Solid color and Solid Color to CYMK Guides in my desk drawer for easy color reference. And, I've also printed out the Versaworks PMS color chart for reference, too. --- If I remember, that chart is on the installation CD of Versaworks with a CYMK chart.

....My wife hates me, though. We'll watch a sunset slowly melt into the sea and I'll comment, "oooooooo, look at how bright that 021 is, and with the whisps of 1235--- that really brings out drama of the 321 in the ocean." But. I'm a romantic that way........

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Where did you get the custom palette for the versacamm

Roland has its own process color swatch library that can be easily added into CorelDRAW or Adobe Illustrator. You can create custom palettes of your own in either application, and need to so at least for the case of adding cut lines into artwork (via a custom "cut" spot color). VersaWorks generally does a good job with Pantone spot color fills.

I do a lot of design work in CorelDRAW X3. However, I usually finalize the colors for any job within Adobe Illustrator and/or Adobe Photoshop. The Adobe applications are simply more accurate on dealing with color -especially matching colors you see on screen with those that come out of the printer. CorelDRAW still has big problems with that. Those problems really show up in things like gradient fills and other effects-heavy objects.

customquint

My concerns is I am designing in Corel, and working on designs to be used to be printed in house on my VersaCamm, and sending out other prints for business cards, post cards, and other prints I broker that I don't do in house, and trying to use a palette that is accepted by trade printers and a palette everything that is printed has color that is the same.

Has anyone used a Oracal color palatte, and sent you work out to a printer for business cards, and watched to see if colors match?

KR3signguy

I tend to mimmick
Bob Ross's
naples yellow
cobalt violet
Winsor Orange
raw umber
ultramarine blue
alizarin crimson
cerulean blue
Bob's hairdo

and a large fan brush to create those happy trees & clowds

Ken

Custom..means exactly that..I didn't "get it" from anywhere..
I use RGB colors.. For red..with the versacamm..I use 171-0-0...it takes a lot of time...
Ken

asignasap

pantone color matching for versacamm

Hi. I just got my Versacamm 300 about a month ago and I was going crazy trying to match pantone colors on it. Then I decided to download the 3M profile and try it on 3M 7725 white vinyl. When I turned off the "Apply ICC profille" under Misc in Corel Draw and then used the 3M ICC profile in Versaworks and selected "Sign and Display" in the quality section, I got perfect pantone matches. Then I found that the same profiles work great on Oracal.

Paul.

customquint

I just found a versaworks color palette for corel.

It is in the versaworks program files under:

roland_versaworks/swatch/corel/userinks.cpl

P

ProWraps™

my greys always look red or green. its frustrating as hell!! and we were told to use RGB in the fellers training.. whatever that is worth.