• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What colour settings to us on sp-540?

Matt107av

Hi I have an sp540, had for a few months and just getting the hang of it.
One thing I cannot seem to get an answer to is what the colour management settings actually do? Ie 'pre press Europe, sign and display etc. The Roland rep told me to use 'pre press Europe. But the colours always seem to be different to those on screen!

I read somewhere online to use sign and display which I had better luck with.

Basically I print banners posters pop ups etc, which setting should I use in everyday printing for the best result?

Thanks

anax

first thing to have the same colours on screen and print you have to calibrate your monitor, otherwise you'll always have differents colours
regards
Anax

Matt107av

Monitor

Thanks anax, I have the screen pretty well calibrated I think, but any tips for this also would help.
It is definatly between rip and print as the colours are so different between the different management settings.

Each of the Color Mgt settings print differently - Prepress US is a standard we use for vinyls, for Banners we use Max Impact to get the best color - BUT on JPG's (only) this will leave a slight grey tone on the white areas in your print.