Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what could be causing my black head to be like this?

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by gabagoo, Aug 7, 2013.

1. gabagoo

gabagoo Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    Jv3 130 spII - I usually see this issue with the yellow head and a good nozzle wash seems to clean it out. Yesterday I remembered that last Friday I did not perform my weekly nozzle wash so decided to do it yesterday. I ran it for an hour. I did print yesterday with no issues with any of the heads.
    This morning I ran a test and my black head is firing about 60%. I ran a nozzle wash for 30 minutes and very little change. I ran another one for 50 minutes and again no real improvement, as you can see in my pic. I now have it on a nozzle wash with the main power shut off so it can sit indefinately.

What do you suppose causes it to not fire properly especially when i ran a 60 minute cleaning the day before? I am baffled.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. heyskull

heyskull Very Active Member

Sep 2, 2007
    UK
    I reckon head cable or contamination where the head cable goes into the print head causing a malfunction or even the print head is dying.

SC

3. daveb

daveb General Know-it-all

Feb 11, 2010
    Quincy, IL
    Usually meant it was time to change out or work on the capping station on ours. Not getting a good seal around the head, can dry out pretty quick. Had our JV3 for 8 years, nozzles dropping out were usually air leak somewhere.

4. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    A crummy wiper blade can also contaminate the head.

5. gabagoo

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    This may be the culprit as 1 of my cyan cartridges is low and because it is a little slow at this time of year it has been this way for about a week now. Is there a way to force the machine to wipe?

6. gabagoo

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    well it must have been that low cyan cartridge preventing the wiper from doing its job. I swapped out cartridges and ran a 1 minute nozzle wash just so it would wipe the heads and my black is back.