• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What cutter?

Dale

I was looking at two cutters, The first one is the Roland GX24 and the second one is the Graphtec CE 5000-60.

I was just wondering what would be the better one to go with. I am just starting out and plan on doing decals and some Truck/Auto lettering. I do know I want a cutter with an optical eye. My neighbor does embroidery and heat press transfers. She wants me to be able to make some designs for her to use.

Any info would be appreciated

Dale

gvgraphics

Both are good cutters, I own a graphtec. The optical eye is only used for print and cut. You will need a printer to do full color decals.

GK

I have always been a big fan of Mimaki and Summa but Roland and Graphtec make great machines as well.

Hey Guys,

Sorry to hi-jack the thread, but it does sort of pertain.
I have a Omega model OM-70 made by New Star. It needs both optical eyes, I have talked with 2 companies about parts. The first one is located in Southern California, "clowns", they finally told me to call another company in Florida. They have e-mailed me the price and told me they need to have the money wired to them before my parts could be sent from Korea....sure no biggie.....but they want freight added in to the price?? ok, they can't tell me how much freight will be?? and so I still don't have my parts......????? anyone know of someone who sells these things, used to sell them, or maybe can help?? this has been a great plotter till now.....and if I cant find these optical eyes.....I'll be forced to by a new plotter??

So, my long winded advice.....by something you can find some parts for....cause this sucks......and these A//holes in Miami are just lucky I'm to far away to come pay someone a visit....... idiots.

Fine Line Darrel :Canada 2:

:thread

Bogie

Graphtec tech support has been very good. Just make sure you don't buy any Scanvec products, like Flexi or Photoprint, because they don't seem to be too damn motivated....

(for instance the "e-mail us your problem, and we'll fix it at our leisure" feature of their website leads into 404-land...)

S

Sign-Man Signs

The media handler on the Graphtec is say Not user Friendly unless you like unrolling media each time you put on a new roll of vinyl. X Axis error. The Roland on the other does not have this problem. Just my 2 cents. I'd buy the Roland.

gvgraphics

The media handler on the Graphtec is say Not user Friendly unless you like unrolling media each time you put on a new roll of vinyl. X Axis error. The Roland on the other does not have this problem. Just my 2 cents. I'd buy the Roland.

What cutter do you have? My CE3000 Mk2 has no problem pulling the vinyl.

WVB

Does anyone use the "search" button anymore..? This topic has been done so much at S101 alone, yet combined with all other boards geeze...

Stick with any NAME brand cutter and you WILL be fine..!