• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What density window perf? 30/70 40/60 50/50?

Pat Whatley

What density of window perf is everyone using? We have always used 50/50 but Iately I've had two different suppliers tell me that most people are using 30/70. 30/70 just seems way too open to me, and with that little available print area I just don't see being able to get graphics to pop. The only reason it's even come up as an issue is I have a really large job coming up and they are get me the 30/70 for about half the price of the 50/50.

unclebun

I think you're getting your numbers backwards. The 50/50 is the most open perf with the largest hole to vinyl ratio. It's what you should be using on vehicles. It also works fine on store windows but they make the 60/40, 65/35, and 70/30 which have a smaller proportion of hole to vinyl, i.e. more vinyl for ink to stick on with less holes. With the higher percentage of vinyl you will have better colors and contrast, and finer detail is possible.

mkmie

Lost Soul
Unclebun is correct. The 50/50 is for vehicle windows to give more visibility. Half vinyl half holes. We usually do store windows with 60/40 because of price point. I'll throw another wrench into the mix. What are you laming with?
Get ready for a debate.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
50/50 for vehicles, 70/30 for storefronts. We laminate (when needed) with either Clear Focus or Briteline optically clear.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
60/40 for everything so you do not have to stock multiple patterns. If you want the ultimate image then use an 80/20.(not on cars though) I have the widest variety of perf in the industry and will smoke Briteline and Clear Focus on anything.

bannertime

I'm a fan of 65/35 or 60/40. Use it on everything. Occasionally I'll get 50/50 printed by a vendor, but we only stock the one size.

Pat Whatley

Just going by what the box the supplier dropped off says. It's 30/70. It's Argent from Mac Papers which is apparently as cheap as you can get. We're going back to Clear Focus 50.50 for this just because I know what I'm getting.

Last edited:

Christian @ 2CT Media

We use 80/20 for practically everything. Vehicles we use 60/40 if visibility is an issue. We really like the Sihl branded perf, but since we switched to a Colorado printer we had to change to BePerf due to the double liner.