Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What did you pay for Caldera??

Discussion in 'RIP Software & Color Management' started by DecalsByDesign, Jun 8, 2020.

1. DecalsByDesign

DecalsByDesign ...new here!

Dec 23, 2018
    Eagle, CO
    Hey guys,

When I first got into printing 2 years ago I paid 1200$ for Caldera's lightest setup with no features. Now I'm looking at getting a new printer and they are trying to charge me for all kinds of things like Caldera Care and driver switch. Looking to ask me for another 2500-3000$.

I understand its a great RIP and is the only thing that will work on MacOS, but is it a bit much for just the RIP as is?

What'd you pay if you're willing to share.

I'm one operator, running one printer and cutter, with Tiling only as an add-on.

Tags:
  2. dypinc

dypinc Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2011
    Here
  3. DecalsByDesign

DecalsByDesign ...new here!

Dec 23, 2018
    Eagle, CO
    I've heard of it and tried to get a demo of it when I was starting out but it never surfaced. Also haven't heard anything about it as far as functionality anywhere. I didn't dig too deep once I got my hands on Caldera.