• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What digital vinyl media can be wet applied?

JustnMprint

I'm new to vinyl installation and have been having trouble installing lettering and wrap vinyl. The 3m vinyl this shop runs through the HP latex 335 says it's only a dry install vinyl. I'm ready to order rapid tac to see if things go easier.

What vinyl can I use with Rapid tac?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Rapid Tac is for any vinyl other than air egress vinyl. If you use it on wrapping material, it'll be nothing but problems, especially down the road when everything starts popping off.

CanuckSigns

Rapid tac is good for some types of applications, I only use it when installing frosted film on glass because it's so unforgiving.

It sounds like you need to practice your techniques more, vinyl lettering is pretty easy with the correct technique, wrapping is a very difficult skill if you are doing something like a car, but a flat trailer is pretty simple.

If you use an application fluid on a vinyl with air release it will never fully adhere, and will take you 10x as long to install.

• Agree
Reactions: amw