• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What do I do wrong (banding?? PICTURE INSIDE)

aqpaint

Hi, I'm here again wishing someone have a clue for me..

I have pretty descent print with my SP-300V but when I look closer, I have little lines in the print (I read on forum and some people call it banding, it is it?

I have this in all color but more in the black. I check at the calibration and it look like the T shape don't overlap. My test print look descent too

My temperature is set to 35 for both heater and dryer.

I used avery 2903 vinyl and the profile for 2900 (because i can't 2903. But it is almost the same vinyl)

Do anyone have a clue for me?

Thank you very much!

Attachments

• IMG_2927.JPG
    IMG_2927.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_2928.JPG
    IMG_2928.JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_2929.JPG
    IMG_2929.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_2926.JPG
    IMG_2926.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 124

Dennis422

Either heat setting is not right or the print head is failing.
I had the same issue with my older Mutoh.

If that is not the case, I do not know what else it would be.

aqpaint

Either heat setting is not right or the print head is failing.
I had the same issue with my older Mutoh.

If that is not the case, I do not know what else it would be.

Ok and I do I know the right heat settings? Try and errors?? What you did on your older Mutoh to solve the problem? You changed your print head?

Thanks!

jpsamuel06

We are having this same problem on our Mutoh Valuejet 1324. It seems to get real bad if it prints over 30 feet consistently without going through a cleaning cycle. Sometimes it's just random though.

Still looking for a solution..

Attachments

• banding.jpg
    banding.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 120

MtnView

If your test print is coming out fine try cleaning the encoder strip. I had something similar last week. Test print didn't look good on one of the colors so changed the cap top. Still had the problem then remembered some advice given to someone else on another forum and cleaned the strip. Back to normal after.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
No, but last night, we made chocolate home made ice cream and I had that dripping off my chin......:rolleyes:

That really hits the spot...........

StudioSignsInc

We are having this same problem on our Mutoh Valuejet 1324. It seems to get real bad if it prints over 30 feet consistently without going through a cleaning cycle. Sometimes it's just random though.

Still looking for a solution..

Your dampers might need replacing. We ran into this with our Roland - the filter in the dampers (think of it as an ink reservoir) get clogged and doesn't let the ink to flow as needed. The banding didn't show on smaller prints the ink in the dampers were enough for the job but it would band on longer prints.

TheHemi

A few steps in the right direction

Hi, I'm here again wishing someone have a clue for me..

I have pretty descent print with my SP-300V but when I look closer, I have little lines in the print (I read on forum and some people call it banding, it is it?

I have this in all color but more in the black. I check at the calibration and it look like the T shape don't overlap. My test print look descent too

My temperature is set to 35 for both heater and dryer.

I used avery 2903 vinyl and the profile for 2900 (because i can't 2903. But it is almost the same vinyl)

Do anyone have a clue for me?

Thank you very much!

Okay, First just make sure your using Roland Ink and your using a good quality material.
Make sure you are letting your heater heat to the proper temperature for the material. Not too low and not too high

!Follow all the steps below before trying to print again! !Don't print after every step because it will be a waste of ink unless you want to know exactly what is causing your problem!

1.)Do a test print to check for any clogged nozzles, clogged nozzles could cause banding like patterns to appear in your prints (If you can please include a picture following the the steps below)
A.)If there are clogged nozzles do cleanings and other regular procedures to free them.
B.)If there is only 1-2 Clogged nozzles on each color it still shouldn't be enough to cause noticeable problems but i would suggest more advanced cleaning to clear them or get another print head.
2.)Adjust all of your calibrations (primarily Feed, sometimes listed just as "calibration")
A.)Adjust each calibration and make them as accurate as possible, your feed is most important because it is what tells your printer how much to roll the media forward after each pass of the print heads. Whether it is too far or to close(overlapping) banding can occur
B.)If you are unfamiliar with calibrations look in your user manual to learn more about them but they are all pretty straightforward
C.)For all your calibrations except feed you want the lines to appear as one.
D.) The feed calibration or just "calibration" will print one set of rectangles and than print blocks above them, as the blocks move left they are farther apart, the blocks to the right will be closer and eventually overlap. you want the blocks to just touch, not be separate and not overlap.
3.)After following the previous two steps you can try the print again and see how it looks.
4.)Include pictures so we can see how things turn out and if the above solved your problem, if not let us know where you had difficulty and we will help.

F

firstclassvinyls

We were having the same issue and after making sure all our nozzles were firing correct and checking a few other things the issue was very easy. We run flexi cloud and when we went to the driver option the waving effects were turn off. After we fixed that everything was back to normal!! fortunately it was an easy fix for us.