• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What Do I Do??????

tooserious

My Mimaki JV3 is saying<wiper> I know it means wiper out of place(japanese) what do I do??? Thank you Dennis All Signs Olympia WA

Letterbox Mike

It means it wants you to replace the wiper, it's worn. I don't remember the exact walk-through in the menu but get out your manual and find the section on replacing the wiper. It takes 10 seconds. You should always have wipers on hand, they don't last long, expect to replace them every couple weeks give or take, depending on how much you print.

tooserious

No that is Replace Wiper this just says Wiper...the wiper position is not correct bet I have to call Mimaki........USA.........

tbaker

check to make sure the microswitch inside the wiper station isn't gummed up with ink. If the wiper can't home, or the switch is fouled it won't register, altho that typically shows as an error on bootup ( 43 I think)

petesign

My high school shop teacher used to say "A clean shop is a happy shop" ...
It also applies to your Mimaki. You should take the wiper out fairly often and clean it and look at it. If it's starting to get a curve to it, it's time to be replaced. The wiper should be straight across the top, and smooth.. it's wiping excess ink off the heads when your machine cleans itself.

I have seen machines so dirty that the wiper was fuzed into the slider it sits in by caked ink, at my first job our printer was like that when I got there. It took a good bit of effort to get that little sucker out and replaced. Clean that sucker... replace as necessary.. your Mimaki will thank you.