• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what do i need to look for if i want to get some double sided stickerks?

davedavedave

hi sorry for the stupid quesiton

i would like to produce a few hundred stickers, they also should have a print on the backside so they can be used as buisness card..

what is the matieral called where the stickers are sticking on??? release liner? backpaper?

most times it already has a print on it where it says for example oracal... can u just print on this side with eco or uv???
is there also one wich is blank??

i only was able find stickerapp wich are doing backprints...
i was wondering what i need to look for to find more shops who does this?

i got my file set up and mirrord everyhting so the file aint the problem finding somebody who can do for normal price is...

thx for the help

Attachments

• backside_900-1.jpg
    backside_900-1.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 366

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Nervermind, I misread it.
There's vinyl with clean backer and it's paper like so should be printable. I guess that's what you want.

Pretty sure I could do it with latex as double sided print easily. Probably anyone who does double sided can do it for you. Of course its gonna cost more 2-3x probably.

Last edited:

ikarasu

Nervermind, I misread it.
There's vinyl with clean backer and it's paper like so should be printable. I guess that's what you want.

Pretty sure I could do it with latex as double sided print easily. Probably anyone who does double sided can do it for you. Of course its gonna cost more 2-3x probably.
You'd think... We've tried a bunch with our latex and the ink just wipes off. It's a weirdly coated paper :(

Our solvent doesn't do double sided but when we tried to print on the back it worked the best. UV also works, but can run off if you don't let it cure for a day or two... And we were just printing text, so I imagine a full print wouldn't work too well.

Obviously every material / backer would be diff... We tried oracal and Avery and a no name brand.

Most of our back sided prints are screenprinted... Works the best but obviously very limited if you don't do high quantities.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I kept giggling at stickerts...
But, and maybe I missed something... But why wouldn't this be a 2-sided (5-layer) print on clear vinyl? Easy for many printers with the capability.

ikarasu

I believe he wants to print on the back of the paper, something like his company logo.

Do you guys actually use seven layer a lot? I finally got around to playing with our latex, a customer wanted 20 double-sided decals roughly 8.5 by 11 in. Figured out how to do them loaded it up hit print, saw the 6-hour ETA was going to take and almost cried!

I canceled the job, unwound 10 ft so I can tape it up to the take-up Reel and then left for the night.

I was on the highest quality setting, but I couldn't believe how long it was taking. I can't see anybody willing to pay what they would actually cost labor wise. And I feel like I could have printed it on clear and printed it on white and applied it by hand in under 30 minutes.

It definitely looks really nice though!

Last edited:

davedavedave

Never knew where these customers collect their lunatic ideas from, now I know, they just ask questions here and repeat the bits that they think they understand (unfortunately with great confidence :roflmao:)
lol i do stickers and decals for a long time i sell them i wouldnt call me customer lmao...
i even own a gerber and could easy produce them myself... but why should i do 10000 pcs with a gerber if any eco or uv printer is cheaper and alot faster????
if u think what i want is lunatic i would never ever buy stuff from you...because it shows me u are not good informed...

i dont want to reply to every answer directly... i said i found a few shops which are doing them but they are very expensive... stickerapp for example does them thats where the pic is from!
i feel sad for ppl who buy on this side because its very expensive... even normal stickers without backprint are alot more expensive there..

i dont buy my stuff in pcs i buy from rolls...
i pay 20euro for 1m x 1,50m on white vinyl with vinyl cut and 10 extra for back cut... same would cost me about 200 euro on the sticker app lmao

so far i coulnd find any printshop wich offers printing on the backing.. probably just will go with normal backcut...

davedavedave

I believe he wants to print on the back of the paper, something like his company logo.

Do you guys actually use seven layer a lot? I finally got around to playing with our latex, a customer wanted 20 double-sided decals roughly 8.5 by 11 in. Figured out how to do them loaded it up hit print, saw the 6-hour ETA was going to take and almost cried!

I canceled the job, unwound 10 ft so I can tape it up to the take-up Reel and then left for the night.

I was on the highest quality setting, but I couldn't believe how long it was taking. I can't see anybody willing to pay what they would actually cost labor wise. And I feel like I could have printed it on clear and printed it on white and applied it by hand in under 30 minutes.

It definitely looks really nice though!
i added a pciture of what i want.. i want sticker and it also should be printed on the paper back side...

what pritner are u using so its taking 6hours ?

its basically a nomral print on paper...

davedavedave

I kept giggling at stickerts...
But, and maybe I missed something... But why wouldn't this be a 2-sided (5-layer) print on clear vinyl? Easy for many printers with the capability.
i dont want the sticky side printed... i want the back of the backing printed the side where its normal paper... where it normaly says oracal etc... so after pulling the sticker off, the backing still can be used as business card ...

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
i dont want the sticky side printed... i want the back of the backing printed the side where its normal paper... where it normaly says oracal etc... so after pulling the sticker off, the backing still can be used as business card ...
Ah, gotcha. But can't help. I'll be quiet now.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
You'd think... We've tried a bunch with our latex and the ink just wipes off. It's a weirdly coated paper :(

Our solvent doesn't do double sided but when we tried to print on the back it worked the best. UV also works, but can run off if you don't let it cure for a day or two... And we were just printing text, so I imagine a full print wouldn't work too well.

Obviously every material / backer would be diff... We tried oracal and Avery and a no name brand.

Most of our back sided prints are screenprinted... Works the best but obviously very limited if you don't do high quantities.
I tried for fun and sure enough the backer is just too waxy to hold the ink.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I believe most digital processes won't work on the backside of release liner, in an attempt to make sure other companies don't misrepresent themselves.

ddd, what you wanna do sounds feasible, but at a cost most likely too high for most end-users to wanna dish out.