• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What do you consider "color matching"......?

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Well...frustrated is all I can say at this point...

The "reprinted" tent canopies arrived last night - I opened up the box and it appears there is NO DIFFERENCE in the color between these and the first batch. Even though I tweaked the color much darker and uploaded new files for them to print from.

So, I can already here the OP saying "Well, we tried, sorry you're not happy - nothing we can do...we can't keep reprinting these things for free you know?"

This puts me in a hard spot with a customer (who I just gained their account this year) and I either have them believe that there is no way to get the color that it should be...or I try to initiate a charge-back on the whole order and see if I can get them reprinted elsewhere.

I just don't know what will be the best course of action at this point....ugh!

If you want to keep the customer, stop messing around with these people and use a different company. You'll take a hit to the pocket book but you are the one outsourcing and you got to find someone that will do it right.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Well...frustrated is all I can say at this point...

The "reprinted" tent canopies arrived last night - I opened up the box and it appears there is NO DIFFERENCE in the color between these and the first batch. Even though I tweaked the color much darker and uploaded new files for them to print from.

So, I can already here the OP saying "Well, we tried, sorry you're not happy - nothing we can do...we can't keep reprinting these things for free you know?"

This puts me in a hard spot with a customer (who I just gained their account this year) and I either have them believe that there is no way to get the color that it should be...or I try to initiate a charge-back on the whole order and see if I can get them reprinted elsewhere.

I just don't know what will be the best course of action at this point....ugh!
At this point, I would notify them that you are unhappy with their quality of product and request a refund. If they deny it, go the chargeback route and save all your correspondence and be prepared to ship everything back to them.

I would move on to another vendor at this point. The future shows this will be a consistent issue for them.

Billct2

Using a PMS color for match at least gives them something to shoot for. That's why I like Wyld, when I use them and give a PMS they know what I'm looking for and will let me know if there are issues

Pewter0000

Graphic Design | Production
We lost a huge client from a poor color match that we outsourced to tents/flags (I wonder if it's the same source?). We thought to ourselves "how are they not looking at what is coming out of their printer? All they need to do is see it to understand the issue". We even provided pantones and sent in products to match, we couldn't have made it more clear what we needed. And yet multiple times they sent REALLY off colours. One time they even printed one and it was missing SOME of the text - I don't know how? I sent a print ready .pdf? What were they doing, opening it and deleting some?

A few months later, we heard a rumour that they were just ordering from a Chinese company (even though they boast that they're domestic) and they never see the product, which explains why no matter how much communication we had with them, it just wasn't getting to the person in charge of the print.