• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What do you do with a customer that is never happy

iceon

I did a channel letter job a year ago. He supplied the letters I lite it up and hung it up. 9 months out there was a factory defect in the RBG modules they drew moisture. My supplier replaced the modules. He kept postponing the the change out for stupid reasons. Anyway I changed the modules. I got a phone call the first night there not as bright as the others. The second night the blue isn't blue enough.
The third night he calls and says the first word isn't lit. This word has an RBG flasher. So I said if you played with the remote you probably shut it off. So the next morning I showed up ask for the remote and went outside and turned it on. Then went to my truck pulled out a bill for a service call. Handed him the bill he ask,what's this for and I said I drove 40 minutes to teach you how to turn your lights on.
Haven't heard from him since. What a headache.......

SignosaurusRex

If they are truly never happy, it's really quite simple... they will never, ever be happy and satisfied. Simply walk away and don't look back. Negativity is a contagious disease.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Raise your prices to a ridiculously high amount. Either he'll tone down or go somewhere else and share his brightness with them. :smile:

boxerbay

youve already collected the lion share of any work from that guy. anything else is just hassle calls. fire him or price everything upfront really high.

Starter

Proof proof and re-proof all shop drawings. Make sure they sign and date everything and over charge for all the hassles and last minute changes and site visits. We all have the "never happy" customer.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
fixed that for you, notice the past tense.
Au Contraire............. we STILL have some of our PITA customers, they just pay dearly and don't seem to mind..... or know any different. The ones that fall off the list are generally out of business or moved away. Some might've gone to competitors, but those kinda customers seem to make the rounds. They return every so often, just to move on, again..... and again...... and again...... and again...... and again...... :banghead:

Just had a call from one this morning. He scheduled 5 vehicles in the next 2 weeks. The vinyl usage is about $15 worth of vinyl and tape, about 10 minutes to weed and tape up and 20 minutes to 1/2 hour to apply and they pay over $450 a truck.
:helpWe were just saying..... what is it about this guy we don't like ?? He just rubs all of us the wrong way. Is he too pushy ?? Not really. Is he too full of himself ?? Not really. Is he too demanding ?? Nope. Is he obnoxious ?? Nah, not really. Is he ever late in payment ?? Not at all. Does he b!tch about everything ?? We don't do anything wrong, so I guess not. So......... I guess he's just simply annoying.​