• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What do you do with polypropylene media?

premiercolour

Merchant Member
We've got two pallets full of polypropylene 42" x 100' for Canon & HP aqueous printers. What do you do with it? Factory sent us the wrong products; want us to just sell them quickly. Never sold any of these material before.

Biker Scout

The stuff most likely came from overseas, and would cost a fortune to send it back. The factory will probably gave him credit on his next order. It's not whining, he's a merchant member here and this is his way of letting people know that he's got one heckuva deal on some paper product.

Francis, when I get an aqueous printer I'll order some. Plenty of usage for that kind of product here in Vegas.

Stanton

The stuff most likely came from overseas, and would cost a fortune to send it back.

There is a way to insulate yourself from that.

We call them local suppliers.
They take up the cost bounce.

That's where they make their $$$.
Or lose $$$

Skrew 'em if don't work out in their favor.

Bizness !!!

=Glenn

Photolew

How much you selling it for...I've just gone thru 2 rolls of that stuff in the last 2 weeks. I use it to create banners that hang in gyms here locally.

I have several shops that use the poly for retractable banner stands. Not my preference but they do. You might try a roll out. Most of them can be used on solvent machines also. I also have a couple of churches that use it as back drops on their TV stage. The poly I sell is a real matte finish.

arzu

If the polyprop is pre-treated for printing, be aware that this pre-treatment lasts only a few months or so.
We sometimes deal with this when screenprinting such material

premiercolour

Merchant Member
If the polyprop is pre-treated for printing, be aware that this pre-treatment lasts only a few months or so.
We sometimes deal with this when screenprinting such material

Thanks for the information. The materials are about 8 months old. I will open one up and do some testing on our HP 5500 before the materials go out again to new customers. It was pre-coated for water based inks.

Good info! :thumb:

premiercolour

Merchant Member
There is a way to insulate yourself from that.

We call them local suppliers.
They take up the cost bounce.

That's where they make their $$$.
Or lose $$$

Skrew 'em if don't work out in their favor.

Bizness !!!

=Glenn

The factory sent us the wrong products; No charge.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We had an aqueous printer and we were told the coatings generally hold up for maybe two years, but it's best to use it before that, as you don't know how long it's been setting around in a warehouse or dock..... doing nothing, but getting old[er].

arzu

Thanks for the information. The materials are about 8 months old. I will open one up and do some testing on our HP 5500 before the materials go out again to new customers. It was pre-coated for water based inks.

Misunderstanding I guess>> i mentioned pre-treated, not pre-coated. The pre-treatment is called "corona" (check it out) and will alter the surface tension of the bare material. The usage is limited in time (few months) and the treatment cannot be repeated.
When the material als covered by something to make it printable for waterbased printers, it is probably lasting much longer. of course that is a totally different story.

BobCap

We've got two pallets full of polypropylene 42" x 100' for Canon & HP aqueous printers. What do you do with it? Factory sent us the wrong products; want us to just sell them quickly. Never sold any of these material before.

Will it work with the Epson 9800 printer?

How much per roll?

Bob Cap
AAI
Gilbert, MN
bobcap @ mchsi dot com