• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What do you do with your Paper and Vinyl waste?

dbot

Please can you let us know what you do with all your backing paper, vinyl weeding and scrap waste.

We have tried to contact our local recycle company and they are not interested. Also it is extremely bulking and is filling up our garbage collection area way too much.

I was trying to think of maybe a way of compacting it or schredding it somehow. Also another one of our problems if the people who collect our garbage refuse to take the waste if is not in bags. That is just a nightmare because one we are contributing to plastic waste and have you ever tried to put sticky vinyl in a plastic bag.

Looking forward to your replies.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Trash is trash and that's where it all goes. The miniscule amount of crap generated by the shop will have no effect on anything.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Do you only have the 1 waste company in your area?

I would find another trash company if you can that has containers for you.

gixxer2004

The screen printer in my town takes all of my scrap pieces of vinyl....he said they work great for taping off excess area on the screens. Any other smaller pieces are donated to the art and tech ed teacher at the local middle school for their Co2 race cars and art projects.

Aklaim

We have an organization out here called R.A.F.T (resources for area teachers) that places a large barrel in our shop and we just put our scraps and whatnot in there, and every month they come pick it up and swap in an empty barrel. All of the items they collect are donated to local teachers, and as my wife being a teacher, this was a no brainer for us.

Baz

Scrap vinyl goes in the trash.

The miles and miles of 54" backing paper coming from the laminator we use to cover our table tops with, wrap packages, put on the floor underneath the printers when we are cutting stuff (to lazy to sweep so we just put a paper lenght down ... lol)

brihalter

Scrap vinyl goes in the trash and backing paper is cut into squares and balled up and used as packing material for shipping our Appliance Art and Instant Granite orders.

petesign

We have an organization out here called R.A.F.T (resources for area teachers) that places a large barrel in our shop and we just put our scraps and whatnot in there, and every month they come pick it up and swap in an empty barrel. All of the items they collect are donated to local teachers, and as my wife being a teacher, this was a no brainer for us.

Seconded... Schools love the release liners.

rjssigns

I like to roll all the vinyl scraps into a big ball and burn it in my backyard fire pit. Conditions have to be right though. Wind direction has to be perfect and the neighbors windows have to be open.:Big Laugh