• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What do you guys prep surfaces with

DAGRIT5

Ive used 70% alc 30% water for about ten years and never had an issue. Cleans off grease/grime and evaps pretty quick.

Stacey K

I like making signs
70% isopropyl alcohol and I wipe it 2-3 times. I don't use anything else on glass unless there's sticky residue, then I use Rapid Tac - then alcohol, 2-3 times.

doublesigndude

Depending what the condition of the surface, we use 409 1st (if filthy or dusty), then use a PPG prodcut, DX394 which I believe has changed to SX394, removes any & all wax or oil residue, then alcohol. Makes a huge difference, especially if the Rapid products aren't working. Not knocking other products or techniques, this works great for us. Wraps, windows, elevator doors, you name it. Had a body shop friend turn me on to it. Most auto parts stores carry it or can get it.