• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What do you suppose is causing this issue?

gabagoo

I have been seeing this lately from my ancient printer... I have also seen that black prints seem to have some form of overspray onto other colours...very faint mind you...I only seem to see it when wearing reading glasses. The overspray is sometimes there and sometimes not...

My Machine is a Mimaki jv3

Attachments

• IMG_1516.jpg
    IMG_1516.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 348

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If that's the clearest shot you can get of it, I'd venture a guess towards your encoder strip, with a slight possibility you need a good overhaul.

Those faint lines are indicative that you may have a tiny bit of dust or debris hanging around the print head that is building up with ink and redepositing it onto the media as the print head moves back and forth. A thorough inspection and cleaning under the entire print head carriage with a flashlight would be the first course of action that I would take to rule this out.

gabagoo

Thanks. I did do a thorough cleaning this morning, but I think it is more than just a cleaning it needs

gabagoo

This morning I was running a couple of swatches to match a colour...Look at what the orange is doing when the head first passes over that area... Yet when I printed the job it was perfect...only on the sample swatches it did this... Kind of strange. I have given the heads a good soak and a manual cleaning with a foam brush.... Cleaned the capping station...

Attachments

• IMG_1520.jpg
    IMG_1520.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 290

Superior_Adam

Is the head as ancient as your printer? Could be the head going out and you might be getting droplets building up on the head and dragging. Can you see ink starting to drip out of the head?

gabagoo

Yes the odd time I will see droplets once in a while..they generally stay out of the print area and seem to fall when the head swings back in the opposite direction...When I see this happening I go under and clean the heads with a foam brush and it stops....

Superior_Adam

Yes the odd time I will see droplets once in a while..they generally stay out of the print area and seem to fall when the head swings back in the opposite direction...When I see this happening I go under and clean the heads with a foam brush and it stops....
If ink is dripping out of your head I would say its time for a new head. I never touch the head on our Mutoh just clean around it.

MikePro

aye that just looks like contamination of sorts.
$5 says you've "cleaned" the capping station & replaced the wiper BUT inside of the wiper station you've got some gummy bears wiping their butts on your wiper blade.

shahidmqamar

Thanks. I did do a thorough cleaning this morning, but I think it is more than just a cleaning it needs
This happens mostly due to VSD settings.Smaller dot size tend to spary fine ink and you can see this spray in white areas.Like you print some word and you will see ink spray in printed words.Remedy is use larger dot size.Hope this will fix problem

Andy D

The only time I have ever seen ink droplets is when printing banner with a lot of scrim fuzz on the edges,
they "tickle the Nozzles" and cause them to drip (I know that frase sounds bad) If this is the case, just take a lighter
and burn away the fuzz.

The others look like your material is "tunneling" as it's going through your printer, causing a head rub and
ink-cross-contamination... but that's speculation, have you sat there and watched it cause an issue?
If not, you might want to set up a camera on your printer to see what it's doing.

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
I have been seeing this lately from my ancient printer... I have also seen that black prints seem to have some form of overspray onto other colours...very faint mind you...I only seem to see it when wearing reading glasses. The overspray is sometimes there and sometimes not...

My Machine is a Mimaki jv3
You might consider replacing the damper for the black. Over time, the solvent ink can impact the O ring that seals the damper to the print head manifold and you lose the sealed integrity of the ink line system. This can cause slow leakage from the print head causing random ink drops, mostly where the carriage changes direction. As the black and magenta inks are shared on the same head, this seepage can also cause black to be introduced into the magenta as it prints. You may need a print head, but the damper is a quick inexpensive replacement and the prints seem to indicate ink leakage.