• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what do you suppose is causing this?

gabagoo

Jv3 130spII - I even had a technician in this week and I forgot to ask him about this. The pic is showing the far end of the carriage ( left side) and you can see this ink spray of mostly yellow but something else as well.

I don't think it is of any danger or effecting print quality.

Tech guy said he has never seen a machine of this age in such good shape.

Attachments

• mimaki.jpg
    mimaki.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 63

Gino

Premium Subscriber
When I was a kid, we had 'borrowers' who hid in the walls during the day..... or so my Mom used to tell us. Then at night, they'd come out and burrow things and never put them back, so the next day, you go around saying, where is this or that ?? Well, I guess the borrowers took it.

Well, it looks like one got into your machine, didn't get out fast enough and you squashed it. :rolleyes: Yuck-O

gabagoo

When I was a kid, we had 'borrowers' who hid in the walls during the day..... or so my Mom used to tell us. Then at night, they'd come out and burrow things and never put them back, so the next day, you go around saying, where is this or that ?? Well, I guess the borrowers took it.

Well, it looks like one got into your machine, didn't get out fast enough and you squashed it. :rolleyes: Yuck-O

I have one downstairs Gino ( the designer borrower) He took my dollar store 12" hot pink ruler!!! I love that thing for using on trucks...now it is gone!!!

TammieH

LOL

We thought the Sign Gremlins were taking over our shop at night

jfiscus

Rap Master
It looks like it just printed something not on the material to me. Is is doing this all the time, or has it just made this at some point in the past?
If it was just once, then I assume the software just hiccupped or you told it left justified on 60" when you actually loaded 54" in and it printed over there.
Once in a while one of our two mimaki's will just do something unexplainable, even if you bring the job back up and check all the settings and they are correct. I think it is just getting senile in its old age.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, my first thought was, you nailed that little geico gecko guy [GGG for short], but I don't think he can jump that high, so I went with the borrowers...... and I'm stickin' to it. :noway:

gabagoo

It looks like it just printed something not on the material to me. Is is doing this all the time, or has it just made this at some point in the past?
If it was just once, then I assume the software just hiccupped or you told it left justified on 60" when you actually loaded 54" in and it printed over there.
Once in a while one of our two mimaki's will just do something unexplainable, even if you bring the job back up and check all the settings and they are correct. I think it is just getting senile in its old age.

it's at the farthest left edge of where 54" material would line up to. I will figure it has been going on for a very long time and has slowly built up in color.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
All seriousness aside, it kinda looks like coagulating snot juice, curdling into a mass, slowly over time. Forming what is commonly known as..... a bugger. :Oops:

player

it's at the farthest left edge of where 54" material would line up to. I will figure it has been going on for a very long time and has slowly built up in color.

Could it be when the carriage changes direction it is releasing a drop of ink?

This could mean you have a slight leak in the ink system like a bad damper seal...

techsign33

I don't know about mimaki but in roland printer there is 2 option :

- ( full width scan ) the carriage run from far right side to far left side never mind how much media width loaded.
- ( media scan width ) the carriage run just from right media edge to left media edge .

If you have these command mybe your printer set on full width scan set it to media scan I think this can fix the problem.