• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What do you tell the guy that wants "car graphix"

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Sorry, I don't want to step on toes, but I just sold a house in Dec 2011 here in Germany for 200,000 Euro. How much would that be in dollars?

based on the wonky math thrown around ... about $266k-$300k .... yup. ussually a new house you're looking to spend about $200-$300 now so it's about on par ... before we put in the bid for our house a month ago, i looked at a $200k house and really it all comes down to your neighbors value and of course the little things in the house .... hell, central air adds about 45k to a house it seems. (should note in this area because the weather is rather temperate 75% of the time .... about 50-60% of homes have central air, rest might have 1 or 2 window units for summer time use. where as in florida almost everyhouse NEEDS central AC so you don't die in your home. ... god I miss the florida humidity and heat.)

No, please go on.. Because what you are saying in reality with that statement is that

A: property in your community has really poor vaiue compared to Europe and
B: JR could take his €2.000.000, exchange them for $2.600.000 and buy 26 homes in your community with the same money as you claim 1 home in Germany of the same standard costs (which presumably you have no facts to back right?)

Also, inflation and property value is not the same, properly value fluctuates independenty of inflation which is a economical term that shows rise in prices of goods and services in a set (national) economy over a period of time. Usually between 2-5 percent annually in western world countries with a stable economy. This is why you should raise your prices 5% annually to keep up with inflation, you do not adjust your prices according to properly value in your community.

You would be onto something if you ONLY could buy property and nothing else with your earnings, but that is off course not the case.

When for example vinyl and plotters, printers, computers etc cost just about the same in Europe as in the US, 2 million euro WILL have the same buying power as 2,6 million dollars, not $100.000.

Basic Business Sense is a big asset to success...very clear thinking! Greetings from JR

based on the wonky math thrown around ... about $266k-$300k .... yup. ussually a new house you're looking to spend about $200-$300 now so it's about on par ... before we put in the bid for our house a month ago, i looked at a $200k house and really it all comes down to your neighbors value and of course the little things in the house .... hell, central air adds about 45k to a house it seems. (should note in this area because the weather is rather temperate 75% of the time .... about 50-60% of homes have central air, rest might have 1 or 2 window units for summer time use. where as in florida almost everyhouse NEEDS central AC so you don't die in your home. ... god I miss the florida humidity and heat.)

Correct, But the house I sold was built in 2001- and I paided €250,000 at the time, the neighborhood changed and the value dropped like a hot potatoe. Floriade is nice, Spain? Portugal? Italy? are also nice I'am sure you would agree...:)