• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what do you think of the Acuity HD 2504

HaroldDesign

Just looked it up. How much????
I have a line a great deal directly through Fuji. I'll just say along the lines of half price @ half used. I've looked at samples and thought they were on the good side of average, but I couldn't justify the combination of quality, price & speed. However, at a great price it may be worth going after, but not if the machine isn't overall solid.

SignManiac

I've seen the print quality and it's nice but...its relatively slow. In the end I went with another machine but have only had it a month now. I'm extremely happy with it but there's no substitute for time and running solid for any length of time. I'll know more in a few months.

Feel free to PM me if you want to know anything more. I've been down the road and its not an easy one.

Junkie

I have been to see this printer several times. Prints beautifully. However, without an adhesion promoter the inks will easily chip off coroplast(more than any I've seen). Also, do not attempt to print on anything flexible (banner or vinyl), it will chip right off in your hands. We passed on it because we print so much coroplast. It is one of the nicest looking prints you will find, the inks however need work. They are working on a new set as we speak, and from what I hear they are beginning to switch over. No word if the inks are more aggressive or flexible.

jlarkin1982

what would you rather have?

If you own a flatbed why did you go with what you own. I am really close to pulling the trigger on the acuity advanced and just want to make sure im making the right decision. To me the acuity has the quality I need and the speed is ok.

Junkie

prints look great, but from what i hear you need to ad an adhesion promoter to most materials (especially coroplast). we had a sample off the acuity on banner that we could just scrape off with our fingers. i think it si ridculus that there is nit an ink today that is more aggressive than what we are seeing.

SeaWriter

This printer is build by Oce as the 250GT. Fuji re-brand it and support it completly. The best printer on the market, however its not the fastest and may not have all the extra features advertised by others. And as Junkie said above, check adhesison for your applications i.e. Corro

Greg Lamb

Fuji Acuity

I spoke to some folks over at Sericol today and they are working on a new formulations, somewhat more flexible with higher adhesion for those fun materials like coroplast, I hope to hear more at the upcoming ISA tradeshow.

Greg