• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What do you think on these football helmet decals?

J

john1

Hey everyone, I have a customer wanting helmet decals for this years football season. They need 90 total and the logo sizes at 6x3" exactly. Printed, laminated and contour cut then separated for peel and stick application. The logos are solid red with white contour cut outline.

I'm using 3651 on this since this is what i stock mostly and i have used this for many uses in the past with great results.

The customer didn't haggle at all on this quote but i wanted to see what you guys would do also. I know it's a open forum but i would appreciate it.

$139.00

I figured 1 hour of printing/laminating/cutting, 1/2 hour of separation and my materials with 100% mark up. My labor rate is $70/hr

Thanks in advance!

Malkin

We would be closer to $180, though I might use 180c/8518 lam for easier application on helmets.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
You should be getting around $25. sq ft. if not more for short run stuff like that. Looks to be about 12.5 sq. ft. @ $25. apx. $300.

Don't give your work away, it hurts the whole trade.

JR's

You should be getting around $25. sq ft. if not more for short run stuff like that. Looks to be about 12.5 sq. ft. @ $25. apx. $300.

Don't give your work away, it hurts the whole trade.

Aim men

JR

B Snyder

IMHO, you should have used the right material for the job and charged the $5-6 each they are worth.

J

john1

You guys are using higher quality materials than what i was, that's where your pricing is alot higher from what i see.

I in no way give away my work, this job would take tops 1.5hrs so i charged accordingly.

I have used even Oracal 651 on helmet decals before and they have held up GREAT. I just did order for a team whom i did their orange U's in 651 last season and they said they still look great. They need new ones this year because they changed helmets.

I guess i'm not up on the cocky pedestal like some of you obviously are here. I don't make hundreds of thousands like some here but i do make a living and am not starving.

B Snyder

You asked what we would do. We replied and now you're calling us out as being on a "cocky pedestal" because you don't like what you read. Seriously? Get lost.

J

john1

haha yeah maybe i will do that. I forgot post count gives you big online rep. Hate on and be predictable :)

Mader Design

I know if they used 651 on our football helmets in high school they wouldn't have lasted a single game. In my opinion the only vinyl I would use for this would be Convex. Nothing else really holds up like this.

modernmav

IMHO convex is the only correct material for this application. We've been doing a ton of football helmets (stripes and logos) this year with it and it turns out amazing. The cost is a little higher but your getting a much better product.

and on a side note, john, getting upset at getting the responses you asked for will not get you very far here or anywhere for that matter. and i dont have a high post count or "big online rep". dont act like an ass and you wont be treated as such. /endrant

cwcannon

I'm a total novice and just trying to educate myself at this point so I have a dumb question. What is meant when you say use convex? Thank you.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
haha yeah maybe i will do that. I forgot post count gives you big online rep. Hate on and be predictable :)

A big post count simply means that the member has a big post count. What the member has taken the time to say is what matters. What you might want to consider is reviewing some of the other posts any given member has made before you reply as you have. IMHO, he was speaking honestly and without malice and you are out of line with your "cocky pedestal" remark.

John Butto

sharpen the pencil

"I in no way give away my work, this job would take tops 1.5hrs so i charged accordingly"

Talking to customer / 1 hour
Putting artwork together & checking supplies / 1 hour
Running prints, laminating, cutting, / 2 hours (you said 1.5 hours)
Since you are home based, delivery, gas / 1 hour
Total: 5 hours @ $70 an hour (based on what you charge) = $350.00