• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What do you use for a laminator

MatthewTimothy

Ive used Seal in the past, planned on getting a new one but a guy at the show told me it was over kill and introduced me to a new (forgot the name but will post it later) Was curious to know what laminators some of you use and have had good experience with.

:thankyou:

J

john1

Big Squeegee 32" and a business friends daige if i need to do a super long run.

Letterbox Mike

Depends on how much abuse you intend to put it through. We have a seal, it's decent. We had a Royal Sovereign before that we abused the daylights out of and honestly the build quality seems to be on par with our Seal for much less money. A laminator doesn't really wear out so buy the best one you can afford, they'll last forever (short of maybe needing new rollers). If I could go back and do it again I would have sprung for an AGL. I have a feeling we'll get about 5 years out of this seal, an AGL would survive the apocalypse.

Baz

Not knocking Seal or GBC (always hearing good reviews on those) but i have a Royal Sovereign 1401C and love it!

401Graphics

I own a old used 64" GBC Titan that I picked up used for $900 (it was a hot/cold laminator, but whoever owned it before me removed the 2 rear rollers and heat controls etc. But works great as just a cold laminator. I have also used a 64" RS that i liked. and also a 54" RS that i hated cuz it used to eat almost everything i put through it. But the company I worked for at the time didn't care that they were throwing away $100's in the trash, and refused to buy a new laminator. I also have used a 56" big squeegee, which is the worst thing i have ever used for laminating (IMO), I now only use it as a straight edge and as a hinge point with a50yd roll of vinyl on it for weight when applying graphics to substraits in the shop (rather than waste masking tape)

So my vote goes for GBC because mine is missing parts, has been taken apart and put back together at least twice, and it still can laminate long runs without eating prints.

reelguitars

I have an older Wilco laminator. I do not use the reel for the laminate since I had issues with wrinkles. I just cut the laminate to size, line it up, and run it through with no issues. Also use a big squeegee.