• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What do you use for measurement ?

Vinh1219

Looking for a new program for vehicle measurements . What do you guys recommend for vehicle dimension ? Thanks

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Pro vehicle outlines, print the template, double check measurments against the actual vehicle with a tape measure.

rjssigns

We have used Sticky Yard in the past and it works pretty well. On a crew cab short box truck it was off about a quarter inch. Not bad for taking a picture of their ruler then running the software.
I would think if you have a really good friend in the countertop biz he might let you use their set-up. You place what looks like golf balls on all the 'hard points'
then take pics from various spots. Deadly accurate.

skyhigh

Most of the time my wide Kobalt tape measure. On occasion my feet.....It pays to wear a size 12.

TheSnowman

I cut a scrap piece of magnetic to 20", slap that on the side, snap the picture, then just scale it 1:1 in Illustrator. I don't do wraps or anything mega-coverage, so I don't know how accurate this way is, but it's always close enough I can cut it and apply it when the vehicle comes in with no issues.

dj_elite

I cut a scrap piece of magnetic to 20", slap that on the side, snap the picture, then just scale it 1:1 in Illustrator. I don't do wraps or anything mega-coverage, so I don't know how accurate this way is, but it's always close enough I can cut it and apply it when the vehicle comes in with no issues.

I do something similar. I take a straight on shot of the side of the vehicle. Then I measure the center of the front wheel to the center of the back wheel. Scale it in Flexi or Adobe. I also do not do wraps but it works for truck lettering.