• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What do you want?

Signed Out

I gotcha, ok well if you could start with one, which one would you choose? I was thinking of starting with a 3-5 mid-grade vinyl.

If it had to be 1, I'd prefer a long term cast. Most of the 10'x5's we do are permanent building signs, or part of a larger, say 30'x10' building sign.

netsol

Testing products would take years, not really feasible. Most product testing is done in labs under accelerated simulated wear tests with specialized equipment. Doubt this will be in the capability of a distributor.

equippaint,
i have been looking for someone with a "fade cabinet" setup with carbon arc or whatever so you can do a stairstep showing 30, 60, 90 day fade up to 3 or 4 years

friends in the ink business have samples outside for 5 years, to compare to customer return product

bannertime

equippaint,
i have been looking for someone with a "fade cabinet" setup with carbon arc or whatever so you can do a stairstep showing 30, 60, 90 day fade up to 3 or 4 years

friends in the ink business have samples outside for 5 years, to compare to customer return product

Never heard of a carbon arc fade cabinet, but I've got a couple old ww2 carbon arc searchlights. Throw some graphics inside it. lol.

dypinc

If it had to be 1, I'd prefer a long term cast. Most of the 10'x5's we do are permanent building signs, or part of a larger, say 30'x10' building sign.

Same here on the cast vinyl. Rarely every do anything that big that isn't long term. If they want short term that size they can just fasten up a banner.

ikarasu

tell me where i can get Fb250 ink that isn't 500 bucks a bag.

that would be super helpful. ****, i'd 100% use 3rd parties too
Isn't there a slew of 250 3rd party inks you can buy? I know one of our vendors has been bugging us to try it... We're always too afraid of third party ink messing up print heads, so we dont ever bother.

Ebay has a bunch of different brands. Jettec is the one our supplier was trying to sell us... looks like it's $315 USD. He promised us it's been tested and wont cause problems... But when I asked if he'd back that claim up with a warranty, he said they don't do that...so I told him saving $200 on 3 liters of ink isn't worth risking a $3000 head.... especially when we go through 1-2 of each a year only.