Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you wish you would have known when you first started screen printing?

Discussion in 'Screen Printing' started by Dovette, Jan 18, 2013.

1. ProWraps

ProWraps Very Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    get used to doing 1 color volleyball team shirts for $99/dozen. better start trying to steal all your high schools business from the other guy that is currently doing them.

2. Mike Paul

Mike Paul Major Contributor

Dec 30, 2003
    NJ
    Outsource!

3. Suz

Suz Very Active Member

Apr 9, 2010
    The Great Northwest
    Mr. Butto,
    I know this is an older post, but you made me giggle. Silkscreaming, right on the money!!! LOL! I say don't get "emulsional"... get it? An old screenprinter myself too!

4. I'm seriously considering it right now too. I have made some really good connections for supplying several sellers and am looking to purchase the equipment. According to this thread I shouldn't get into it? Is there no money in it? I get the subbing out thing but just wondered is it now worth it to get this going.

5. d fleming

d fleming Very Active Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Middleburg, Florida
    I have been in the office two days in two weeks due to screen printing volume. All textile. Making good $$. I may just pull the trigger on a used semi auto for textiles and get the squeegee out of my old arthritic hands, lol.