• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What does everyone think of this? Sign Concept...

Mattshel

It is our 50th Anniversary coming up next year and for fun we did this up and were debating about it a bit. Keep in mind this is not meant to be "High Design" it is made to reflect what we do with our business itself, so the concept itself is based upon Regulated signage. So what does everyone think?
ANNIVERSARY SIGN.jpg

SignManiac

I might have used different fonts on it. But it reads well enough for an information sign. Some minor negative space issues but fair all in all.

Went ahead and worked up another layout just to show that there are other directions you can go. Simplified a few things, emphasized a few others. No absolute right or wrong. Its all a matter of personal taste I guess.

Attachments

• Beacon.jpg
    Beacon.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 112

DigiPrinter

Simple and to the point. Eyes are automatically drawn to the "traffic sign".

+1 I would tweak the "sign panel" a little bit. To me something looks off with the placement of the copy and numbers. I might bold the numbers a little bit more and maybe tighten the spacing between celebrating/50/years.

Jillbeans

I can see why you used the fonts and style so I won't go on about the weird kerning.
But I'd put the "50" part on the left side so you read it first, and change the color of the lettering in the bar on the bottom to white so it shows up better.
Looks more like a business card than a sign.
Love....Jill

Marlene

fix the kerning between the "A" and the "T" and get rid of the periods between the numbers and move them up or change to a dash

Marlene

dots are OK, just move them up as it looks lazy to use a period. it is what makes us sign makers and other people who enter stuff on a keyboard

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Good luck on getting your sign where ya want it, but a big congrats on the 50 years :thumb:

Mattshel

The idea was to use the regulatory signage, the background on the sign itself is another regulatory sign up here. I didn't even think of using what is on our website. But that concept looks pretty cool. What about the website itself, What do you think of that?