Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What does PLUS actually mean?

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by wrkalot, Dec 19, 2020.

1. wrkalot

wrkalot New Member

Oct 24, 2020
    Largo, FL
    The new models have PLUS at the end of the product name. So, what is the difference between a CJV150-130 v CJV150-130 PLUS?

We are buying a new one this coming week and have not been able to find out the differences.

Tags:
  2. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    As far as I've been able to tell, it has a usable Ethernet port unlike the non-plus versions.

3. Yeahgor

Yeahgor Born to be The Designer.

Sep 18, 2020
    San Diego, CA
    As I see it has changes in take-up reel and this weird outside take-up reel connector adapter now is inside the case with main board. Also Plus Models starts support new cased 600mL cartridges and that cartridges now named like implemented Bulk Ink System support (Marketing trick), however I didn't find any dealer who sell 600mL ink cartridges for now. And Biggest plus is support of bar-code cutting with CG-130FXIII-Plus however I don't really understand why it necessary for CJV (Print&cut) models :)

4. SameDay Signs

SameDay Signs Member

Oct 20, 2010
    tiffin ohio
    All I know is I’m considering the new jv100 but the 600ml just isn’t for me, so we may go route of jv150. or 300